Sam Claflin in Talks to Play Johnny Utah in Point Break Remake
Sam Claflin is reportedly eyed to play Johnny Utah, the FBI agent played by Keanu Reeves in the original. According to Schmoes Know, Chris Pine and Taylor Kitsch are also considered for the role, but so far only Claflin who already has the script although nothing has been set in stone.
Meanwhile, "Olympus Has Fallen" hunk Gerard Butler has been rumored as a contender to take on the other lead role, Bodhi. He's the charismatic surfer who was previously played by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed film.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") writes the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which follows an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. This remake, however, is expected to be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Claflin was last seen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and will reprise his role in the two next films. His other new projects are horror pic "The Quiet Ones" and rom-com "Love, Rosie".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'