Sam Claflin in Talks to Play Johnny Utah in Point Break Remake
Sam Claflin is reportedly eyed to play Johnny Utah, the FBI agent played by Keanu Reeves in the original. According to Schmoes Know, Chris Pine and Taylor Kitsch are also considered for the role, but so far only Claflin who already has the script although nothing has been set in stone.
Meanwhile, "Olympus Has Fallen" hunk Gerard Butler has been rumored as a contender to take on the other lead role, Bodhi. He's the charismatic surfer who was previously played by the late Patrick Swayze in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed film.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core, who is also the cinematographer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and "Daredevil, The Movie", is tapped to sit behind the lens. Kurt Wimmer ("Salt", "Total Recall") writes the screenplay for the upcoming project.
The names of the main characters will remain the same and so will the plot which follows an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring. This remake, however, is expected to be set in the international world of extreme sports, instead of the Southern California surf scene like in the original.
Claflin was last seen in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" and will reprise his role in the two next films. His other new projects are horror pic "The Quiet Ones" and rom-com "Love, Rosie".
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation