Ian Ziering and Tara Reid Officially Confirmed for 'Sharknado 2'
It's official, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are back for "Sharknado 2: The Second One". They will reprise their respective roles as Fin and April in the sequel. Anthony Ferrante and Thunder Levin will also return as director and writer for the second installment.
In the second film, a freak weather system turns its deadly fury on New York City, unleashing a Sharknado on the population and its most cherished, iconic sites - and only Fin and April can save the Big Apple. It will begin filming in New York on February 13 for July release on Syfy.
" 'Sharknado' was an extraordinary 'perfect storm' which captured the attention of movie fans across the globe. You couldn't go anywhere without hearing about 'Sharknado'! By reassembling the creative team - and dropping sharks onto New York's iconic sites - we're unleashing yet another 'fin' wave of shark-mania," said Thomas Vitale, Syfy's Executive Vice President.
The original movie garnered 1.4 million total viewers and created a buzz on the web when premiering last year.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen