Report: Marvel Plans New Avengers for Phase 4
Rumor has it, Marvel is already planning a new Phase for their big-screen project. As Robert Downey Jr.'s contract is about to end and "Thor 3" & "Captain America 3" are coming, the studio is now preparing what to explore next after Phase 3.
The studio is allegedly planning "New Avengers" for Phase 4. "It's so incredibly early in the process," a source spills to Unleash the Fanboy, "but unless Robert [Downey Jr.] makes an insane deal with these guys, they're going with New Avengers."
The current Avengers have Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye. The next chapter will be unleashed in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is scheduled to hit theaters across the country starting May 1, 2015.
According to rumor from HitFix, the end of "Age of Ultron" could be the beginning of Ragnarok in the next Thor solo film. It reportedly will set up a difficult situation for Thor as Midgard and Asgard find themselves looking at a possible war.
In the Norse mythology, Ragnarok is the great battle which results in the death of a number of major figures like Odin, Thor and Loki.
Aside from the existing superheroes, Marvel is also developing "Ant-Man" with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd already cast to play the lead roles. There are also talks that Doctor Strange and Black Panther are adapted into the big screen as well.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'