Report: Marvel Plans New Avengers for Phase 4
Rumor has it, Marvel is already planning a new Phase for their big-screen project. As Robert Downey Jr.'s contract is about to end and "Thor 3" & "Captain America 3" are coming, the studio is now preparing what to explore next after Phase 3.
The studio is allegedly planning "New Avengers" for Phase 4. "It's so incredibly early in the process," a source spills to Unleash the Fanboy, "but unless Robert [Downey Jr.] makes an insane deal with these guys, they're going with New Avengers."
The current Avengers have Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye. The next chapter will be unleashed in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is scheduled to hit theaters across the country starting May 1, 2015.
According to rumor from HitFix, the end of "Age of Ultron" could be the beginning of Ragnarok in the next Thor solo film. It reportedly will set up a difficult situation for Thor as Midgard and Asgard find themselves looking at a possible war.
In the Norse mythology, Ragnarok is the great battle which results in the death of a number of major figures like Odin, Thor and Loki.
Aside from the existing superheroes, Marvel is also developing "Ant-Man" with Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd already cast to play the lead roles. There are also talks that Doctor Strange and Black Panther are adapted into the big screen as well.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones