David O. Russell Targets Jennifer Lawrence for Joy Mangano Biopic
David O. Russell and Jennifer Lawrence could reunite once again in a new feature film project. After their strongly-lauded collaborations in 2012's "Silver Linings Playbook" and then a year later in "American Hustle", the two are now reported circling Fox 2000 Pictures' untitled Joy Mangano biopic.
The big-screen project will chronicle the life story of a struggling Long Island single mom of three who became one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs. Her salvation came with a self-wringing mop that became a HSN sensation and allowed her to stop working three jobs to support her kids.
Russell, a three-timed Oscar Best Director nominee, is in talks to direct the rags-to-riches story and to rewrite an original screenplay penned by Oscar-nominated Annie Mumolo ("Bridesmaids"). Lawrence is not officially on board of the project, but the director reportedly wants her to tackle the lead role.
The actress won Best Actress at the Oscars for "Playbook" and got nominated for Best Supporting Actress for "Hustle". She will next be seen in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and is currently busy finishing the last installment of "The Hunger Games" franchise. She is also attached to "East of Eden" and "Burial Rites".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences