David O. Russell Targets Jennifer Lawrence for Joy Mangano Biopic
David O. Russell and Jennifer Lawrence could reunite once again in a new feature film project. After their strongly-lauded collaborations in 2012's "Silver Linings Playbook" and then a year later in "American Hustle", the two are now reported circling Fox 2000 Pictures' untitled Joy Mangano biopic.
The big-screen project will chronicle the life story of a struggling Long Island single mom of three who became one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs. Her salvation came with a self-wringing mop that became a HSN sensation and allowed her to stop working three jobs to support her kids.
Russell, a three-timed Oscar Best Director nominee, is in talks to direct the rags-to-riches story and to rewrite an original screenplay penned by Oscar-nominated Annie Mumolo ("Bridesmaids"). Lawrence is not officially on board of the project, but the director reportedly wants her to tackle the lead role.
The actress won Best Actress at the Oscars for "Playbook" and got nominated for Best Supporting Actress for "Hustle". She will next be seen in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and is currently busy finishing the last installment of "The Hunger Games" franchise. She is also attached to "East of Eden" and "Burial Rites".
More Joy News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville