David O. Russell Targets Jennifer Lawrence for Joy Mangano Biopic
David O. Russell and Jennifer Lawrence could reunite once again in a new feature film project. After their strongly-lauded collaborations in 2012's "Silver Linings Playbook" and then a year later in "American Hustle", the two are now reported circling Fox 2000 Pictures' untitled Joy Mangano biopic.
The big-screen project will chronicle the life story of a struggling Long Island single mom of three who became one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs. Her salvation came with a self-wringing mop that became a HSN sensation and allowed her to stop working three jobs to support her kids.
Russell, a three-timed Oscar Best Director nominee, is in talks to direct the rags-to-riches story and to rewrite an original screenplay penned by Oscar-nominated Annie Mumolo ("Bridesmaids"). Lawrence is not officially on board of the project, but the director reportedly wants her to tackle the lead role.
The actress won Best Actress at the Oscars for "Playbook" and got nominated for Best Supporting Actress for "Hustle". She will next be seen in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and is currently busy finishing the last installment of "The Hunger Games" franchise. She is also attached to "East of Eden" and "Burial Rites".
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?