'American Idol' Recap: Omaha Audition Hardly Impresses the Judges
"American Idol" gave away 21 golden tickets in Omaha, Nebraska but most of them are not definite "yeses." New judge Harry Connick Jr., notorious for being the strict one, gave lots of "nos" but was often outvoted by Jennifer Lopez and Keith Urban.
There was Quaid Edwards who mentioned his mom, Jolie Edwards of Jolie & the Wanted, who sometimes performed with Urban. He got unanimous votes although Lopez detected "inconsistencies" within him. Young blonde country singer Madisen Walker sang a nice karaoke version of Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats". Urban and Lopez gave her the chance but Connick Jr. did not because he was not sure she would make it to the next round.
And then there was Tyler Gurwicz whose facial expression when he's singing confused the judges. The male judges thought he had the angry look when singing and commanded him to sing another song. It worked and Gurwicz was given the pass although Connick Jr. later said that he might have made a mistake.
Connick Jr. gave his most definite "yes" to Tessa Kate who closed the audition with Johnny Cash's "Folsom Prison Blues". Other standouts included Paula Hunt who sang a heartfelt rendition of Etta James' "All I Could Do Was Cry", C.J. Jones who got a backup voice from Connick Jr. on "Stand by Me" and Casey McQuillen who did a tender version of Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper".
The Omaha audition was the last of the audition rounds before the show moves on with the Hollywood Week.
More American Idol News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment