'X-Men' Producer Wants to Make Gambit Movie With Channing Tatum
There is no sign of Gambit movie after Taylor Kitsch's portrayal in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", but "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner could see the card-throwing superhero brought into the big screen in the future. In an interview with Empire magazine, she said she would try to convince Fox to make the movie.
The producer already has someone in her mind to play the mutant. "I'm dying to do a Gambit movie with Channing Tatum. That doesn't have to be a great big movie. It's a thief in New Orleans, it's a whole different story. He's on board, and I have to get the studio on board. How can anyone resist Channing? He's such a sweetheart," she said.
The "21 Jump Street" star repeatedly said in previous occasions that he would love to play Gambit. He actually nailed the role of Gambit's alter ego, Remy LeBeau, after he had auditioned for Brett Ratner's "X-Men: The Last Stand" which was released in 2006. However, the character was later cut off from the storyline.
When the Cajun card player was finally included in "Wolverine", the "Magic Mike" hunk was immediately contacted but he couldn't do it because he was already attached to "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra". "I have a pretty clear version of Gambit in my head," he said back then. "[But] I'm sure the guy [Kitsch] is going to be great, though."
More Channing Tatum News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth