Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon Open Up About Marriage Criticism
Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon talk about their marriage in their first interview together since announcing the union on Twitter earlier this month. The newly-married pair recently admitted to Extra that people's disapproval actually made their love stronger.
"It put a fire in us," Nick said, while Bobbi added, "It lit a fire up under our a** and we went haulin'." Nick continued, "The critics can say whatever they want to say... it's like we have a force field and that s**t's just bouncing off of it."
Nick continued explaining that he called Whitney Houston "mom," so people thought of him and Bobbi as brother and sister. "She [Whitney] just treated me like she gave birth to me. She treated me like a son. Excuse me for saying this... she treated me better than my birth mother. I owe everything to her," Nick shared.
The couple admitted that their love blossomed after Whitney passed away. "She made me promise several times to look after Krissy... and, Mom, I will never ever, ever break that promise," Nick said. Bobbi added, "She wanted this. This is something she wanted to see."
Bobbi once provided similar explanation in a Facebook post confirming their engagement. "Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him. In fact, mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating. My mom knows me better than any of you," she wrote.
The daughter of the late singer and Bobby Brown announced her secret marriage on January 8. "#HappilyMarried SO#Inlove if you didn't get it the first time that is....," the 21-year-old Bobbi tweeted.
More Bobbi Kristina Brown News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart