Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon Open Up About Marriage Criticism
Bobbi Kristina Brown and Nick Gordon talk about their marriage in their first interview together since announcing the union on Twitter earlier this month. The newly-married pair recently admitted to Extra that people's disapproval actually made their love stronger.
"It put a fire in us," Nick said, while Bobbi added, "It lit a fire up under our a** and we went haulin'." Nick continued, "The critics can say whatever they want to say... it's like we have a force field and that s**t's just bouncing off of it."
Nick continued explaining that he called Whitney Houston "mom," so people thought of him and Bobbi as brother and sister. "She [Whitney] just treated me like she gave birth to me. She treated me like a son. Excuse me for saying this... she treated me better than my birth mother. I owe everything to her," Nick shared.
The couple admitted that their love blossomed after Whitney passed away. "She made me promise several times to look after Krissy... and, Mom, I will never ever, ever break that promise," Nick said. Bobbi added, "She wanted this. This is something she wanted to see."
Bobbi once provided similar explanation in a Facebook post confirming their engagement. "Let me clear up something, we aren't even real brother and sister nor is he my adoptive brother. My mom never adopted him. In fact, mommy was the one who even said that she knew that we were going to start dating. My mom knows me better than any of you," she wrote.
The daughter of the late singer and Bobby Brown announced her secret marriage on January 8. "#HappilyMarried SO#Inlove if you didn't get it the first time that is....," the 21-year-old Bobbi tweeted.
More Bobbi Kristina Brown News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'