Video: Jay-Z Joined by Meek Mill Onstage During Philadelphia Concert
Jay-Z brought out a surprise guest when bringing his "Magna Carter" world tour to Philadelphia on Wednesday, January 29. The 44-year-old rapper welcomed hometown hero Meek Mill to the stage at the Wells Fargo Center.
Meek treated the crowd with the live version of his "Dreams & Nightmares (Intro)". Jay-Z later returned to the stage and traded verses with the Maybach Music Group artist during the performance of "I'ma Boss".
"Make some noise for Philadelphia's own Meek Milly in this motherfu**er," Jay-Z told the crowd before giving his guest a hug. Meek responded, "Make some noise for the motherfu**in' greatest of all time, H-O in this b**ch."
Meek has also taken to Twitter to share his excitement, writing, "Touching the same stage as hov gave me a hint I'm on my way. Meek Milly x hov this moment meant a lot 2 me."
During his Philly show that night, Jay-Z also performed his verses from "Drunk in Love". He previously appeared at the stage of the Grammys with wife Beyonce Knowles on Sunday, January 26 to perform the collaboration.
Jay-Z is close to wrapping up his "Magna Carta" tour, which was launched to support his latest chart-topping album "Magna Carta... Holy Grail". The rapper will close his tour on Friday, January 31 in State College.
More Jay-Z News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die