Helen Mirren Twerks at Hasty Pudding Award Event
Helen Mirren was in high spirit as she attended Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals Woman of the Year Celebration on Thursday, January 30 in Cambridge, Mass. The veteran actress showed off some twerking moves in front of the crowd and rode a convertible alongside the Hasty Pudding members who dressed in drag.
When the Oscar-winning actress was asked to twerk, Mirren said that she had "tried in my bedroom. It was absolutely humiliating." According to PEOPLE, the star of "The Queen" also answered some interesting questions which included who's the hottest actor she had worked with, to which she replied Harrison Ford. When asked to comment on who will win in a fight between her and Meryl Streep, Mirren answered, "Meryl would win, definitely. She's bigger, stronger and mentally stronger than I am."
At the event, Mirren additionally revealed that she's a fan of Beyonce Knowles. "I think she's quite extraordinary. I had the great opportunity to be on the same stage as her, not on the same time, but I was in the wings, at the Kennedy Center Honors, and she was performing, and I was kind of watching her prepare," she said. "She had this incredible sense of concentration and energy and preparation. I was very impressed by that. Standing in the wings watching her was this explosion of energy. Quite spectacular."
Man and Woman of the Year titles are given to performers who have made lasting contributions to entertainment. "How very saucy of the Hasty Pudding organization to offer me their award," Mirren said after learning that she was named this year's Woman of the Year. "As someone who adores Pudding in all its manifestations ... Suet, Christmas, Treacle, Bread and Butter, Yorkshire, Plum, Figgy, etc., etc., I am so looking forward to the famous Hasty Pudding."
Man of the Year title, meanwhile, goes to Neil Patrick Harris. The "How I Met Your Mother" star will be honored at a festivity which takes place on February 7.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna