'American Horror Story' Closes 'Coven' With Record Rating
"American Horror Story" closed another chapter on a high note. The FX series posted a finale best with 4.24 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 on Wednesday, January 29 at 10 P.M.
"Coven" has indeed been the series' most-watched season. Overall, it stands 4 million viewers in average which is towering above previous seasons, "Asylum" at 2.5 million and "Murder House" at 2.9 million.
Raking 5.54 million viewers, "Coven" premiere in October becomes the second best series broadcast of all time for FX behind the sixth season opener for "Sons of Anarchy". The "American Horror Story" franchise is therefore the third best scripted drama in basic cable, behind only AMC's "The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad".
Star Sarah Paulson couldn't be more excited of the fourth installment, especially after the big reveal at the end of "Coven". [Spoiler Alert] Her character Cordelia rose to power as the big supreme, but she is done playing the role.
"I'm ready to see what's next," she told E! News. "I've gotten really spoiled because we get to play these great parts on this show and then not knowing what next year is going to be - I'd rather roll the dice and see what's going to come for me next year than play a character I've played. Although I didn't feel that after I played Lana Winters, I will say that. I would've loved to play Lana Winters for the rest of my life, but with Cordelia I felt like it came to a very beautiful, full circle place. I was ready to say goodbye when it was time to say goodbye."
There's a chance Jessica Lange will leave the show after the next one. "I can't imagine doing American Horror Story without her," Paulson said. "And at the same time, I feel like the greatest thing about American Horror Story is it's the queen bee of reinvention. Every single season is an entirely new thing, so who's to say it can't be anything with anyone on it. I do think Jessica Lange and American Horror Story are synonymous with one another and I do think she makes it something really extraordinary, no question. I can't imagine her not doing it. But at the same time, if they feel the show must go on, the show must go on."
More American Horror Story News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show