'American Horror Story' Closes 'Coven' With Record Rating
"American Horror Story" closed another chapter on a high note. The FX series posted a finale best with 4.24 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 on Wednesday, January 29 at 10 P.M.
"Coven" has indeed been the series' most-watched season. Overall, it stands 4 million viewers in average which is towering above previous seasons, "Asylum" at 2.5 million and "Murder House" at 2.9 million.
Raking 5.54 million viewers, "Coven" premiere in October becomes the second best series broadcast of all time for FX behind the sixth season opener for "Sons of Anarchy". The "American Horror Story" franchise is therefore the third best scripted drama in basic cable, behind only AMC's "The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad".
Star Sarah Paulson couldn't be more excited of the fourth installment, especially after the big reveal at the end of "Coven". [Spoiler Alert] Her character Cordelia rose to power as the big supreme, but she is done playing the role.
"I'm ready to see what's next," she told E! News. "I've gotten really spoiled because we get to play these great parts on this show and then not knowing what next year is going to be - I'd rather roll the dice and see what's going to come for me next year than play a character I've played. Although I didn't feel that after I played Lana Winters, I will say that. I would've loved to play Lana Winters for the rest of my life, but with Cordelia I felt like it came to a very beautiful, full circle place. I was ready to say goodbye when it was time to say goodbye."
There's a chance Jessica Lange will leave the show after the next one. "I can't imagine doing American Horror Story without her," Paulson said. "And at the same time, I feel like the greatest thing about American Horror Story is it's the queen bee of reinvention. Every single season is an entirely new thing, so who's to say it can't be anything with anyone on it. I do think Jessica Lange and American Horror Story are synonymous with one another and I do think she makes it something really extraordinary, no question. I can't imagine her not doing it. But at the same time, if they feel the show must go on, the show must go on."
More American Horror Story News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media