'American Horror Story' Closes 'Coven' With Record Rating
"American Horror Story" closed another chapter on a high note. The FX series posted a finale best with 4.24 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 on Wednesday, January 29 at 10 P.M.
"Coven" has indeed been the series' most-watched season. Overall, it stands 4 million viewers in average which is towering above previous seasons, "Asylum" at 2.5 million and "Murder House" at 2.9 million.
Raking 5.54 million viewers, "Coven" premiere in October becomes the second best series broadcast of all time for FX behind the sixth season opener for "Sons of Anarchy". The "American Horror Story" franchise is therefore the third best scripted drama in basic cable, behind only AMC's "The Walking Dead" and "Breaking Bad".
Star Sarah Paulson couldn't be more excited of the fourth installment, especially after the big reveal at the end of "Coven". [Spoiler Alert] Her character Cordelia rose to power as the big supreme, but she is done playing the role.
"I'm ready to see what's next," she told E! News. "I've gotten really spoiled because we get to play these great parts on this show and then not knowing what next year is going to be - I'd rather roll the dice and see what's going to come for me next year than play a character I've played. Although I didn't feel that after I played Lana Winters, I will say that. I would've loved to play Lana Winters for the rest of my life, but with Cordelia I felt like it came to a very beautiful, full circle place. I was ready to say goodbye when it was time to say goodbye."
There's a chance Jessica Lange will leave the show after the next one. "I can't imagine doing American Horror Story without her," Paulson said. "And at the same time, I feel like the greatest thing about American Horror Story is it's the queen bee of reinvention. Every single season is an entirely new thing, so who's to say it can't be anything with anyone on it. I do think Jessica Lange and American Horror Story are synonymous with one another and I do think she makes it something really extraordinary, no question. I can't imagine her not doing it. But at the same time, if they feel the show must go on, the show must go on."
More American Horror Story News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'