Police: Justin Bieber Didn't Film Instagram Video While at the Station
A short clip of Justin Bieber promoting his latest music video "Confident" was uploaded on Wednesday, January 29, sparking speculation that the singer recorded the video when he was at a Toronto police station. The police, however, has denied the accusation. "TPS [Toronto Police Service] has been asked if @justinbieber filmed a video while in our custody at 52 Division. Answer: no. ~wd," read a tweet from the police's account.
"Is the camera on? Oh yeah it is. What's up guys? Justin here. Confident is out right now ... so go get it, go look at it, go comment," the 19-year-old pop star said in the Instagram clip. CBC News reports that the video emerged after the Canadian singer arrived at the Toronto police station to face a charge in connection to an alleged assault on a limo driver. It is unclear where or when the video was taken, but the outlet points out that the background looks like the interior of a police station.
Following Bieber's visit to the police station, his father Jeremy Bieber took to Instagram to share a photo of the star sleeping next to his brother Jaxon. "Safe and sound #homesweethome," he captioned the black-and-white snap.
A representative for Bieber has released a statement following the "Boyfriend" singer's latest legal drama, saying that the pop star is innocent. "The Toronto Police Service requested that Justin Bieber appear in Toronto today to face an allegation of assault relating to an incident on December 29, 2013. We anticipate that this matter will be treated as a summary offense, the equivalent of a misdemeanor in the United States," the statement read.
"Our position is that Mr. Bieber is innocent. As the matter is now before the Court, it would be inappropriate to address the specifics of either the allegation or of our defense at this time," the statement continued. Bieber is scheduled to appear in court on March 10.
Safe and sound
More Justin Bieber News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard