Lady GaGa, 'Dallas Buyers Club' Nominated at 2014 GLAAD Media Awards
Gay advocacy group GLAAD announced on Thursday, January 30 the nominees for the 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards. Lady GaGa, "Dallas Buyers Club" and "Orange is the New Black" are found among the list.
GaGa is hailed among outstanding music artists for her latest album "ARTPOP". Oscar nominee "Dallas Buyers Club", in which Jared Leto plays an AIDS-stricken transgender, is nominated for outstanding wide release film. "Orange is the New Black", portraying Taylor Schilling and Laura Prepon as lesbian couple, is a contender of outstanding comedy series. This is the first nomination for Netflix.
The annual awards event gives honor to outstanding images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community in such fields as TV, movie, music and journalism. It acknowledges English-language and Spanish-language in separate categories.
"Since its inception 25 years ago, the GLAAD Media Awards have reshaped the news and entertainment industries, inspiring thoughtful and inclusive characters and plotlines that have driven equality forward," said GLAAD President Sarah Kate Ellis. "This year has brought momentous progress for LGBT people and families - and our nominees have created images and stories that continue to challenge misconceptions, shatter stereotypes, and change hearts and minds of millions all across the globe."
The ceremonies will be held April 12 at the Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles and May 3 at the Waldorf Astoria, New York City. Full list of nominees can be found on GLAAD.org.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks