Demi Lovato Praises Ke$ha for Checking Into Rehab
Demi Lovato has sent a message of support to fellow star Ke$ha who is currently in a rehab facility to treat eating disorder. The former judge on "The X Factor (US)" spoke of the "Timber" hitmaker in a pre-Grammys interview.
"Yeah, I wish her the absolute best and I think she is doing a really great thing for herself," she said. "It's really great when you take time out of a schedule that everybody wants you. There are so many things, you work so hard and then you kind of forget about yourself, and you don't really get to treat the things that everyone has like stress. You just kind of throw yourself into work."
Lovato, who checked herself into rehab in 2010, added, "When I took that experience, I needed it to live. It taught me a lot and it helped me a ton. I wish her the absolute best. She's a really sweet girl and she's going to be fine." Both Lovato and Ke$ha went to Timberline Knolls Centre outside Chicago to treat their eating problems.
Ke$ha released a statement announcing the rehab stint on January 3. "I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I've found it hard to practice. I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder...to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am," the 26-year-old star said. Earlier this month, she took to Twitter to thank fans for their love and continuous support.
More Demi Lovato News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics