Demi Lovato Praises Ke$ha for Checking Into Rehab
Demi Lovato has sent a message of support to fellow star Ke$ha who is currently in a rehab facility to treat eating disorder. The former judge on "The X Factor (US)" spoke of the "Timber" hitmaker in a pre-Grammys interview.
"Yeah, I wish her the absolute best and I think she is doing a really great thing for herself," she said. "It's really great when you take time out of a schedule that everybody wants you. There are so many things, you work so hard and then you kind of forget about yourself, and you don't really get to treat the things that everyone has like stress. You just kind of throw yourself into work."
Lovato, who checked herself into rehab in 2010, added, "When I took that experience, I needed it to live. It taught me a lot and it helped me a ton. I wish her the absolute best. She's a really sweet girl and she's going to be fine." Both Lovato and Ke$ha went to Timberline Knolls Centre outside Chicago to treat their eating problems.
Ke$ha released a statement announcing the rehab stint on January 3. "I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I've found it hard to practice. I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder...to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am," the 26-year-old star said. Earlier this month, she took to Twitter to thank fans for their love and continuous support.
More Demi Lovato News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show