'Dexter' Alum Jennifer Carpenter Cast in ABC's Pilot 'Sea of Fire'
Jennifer Carpenter has nabbed her first post-"Dexter" gig. The Debra Morgan of the Showtime hit series lands a female lead role in ABC's drama pilot "Sea of Fire", which will still deal with crimes.
The actress, who was married to her "Dexter" co-star Michael C. Hall from 2008-2011, will play FBI Agent Leah Pierce, a driven, eccentric and blunt woman with a secret in her past, who has few people skills compared with her partner, Marty. She's called in by Marty's deputy to investigate the disappearance of a young girl and winds up alienating the town with her raw and uncompromising questions.
Based on the Dutch format "Vuurzee", the drama follows three teenage girls in a small town who star in a pornographic film. It tears their families apart and leads to a disappearance, a murder and a host of other secrets boiling under the surface in a small town.
Jenna Bans ("Scandal") will pen the script and serve as executive producer along with Rob Golenberg, Alon Aranya, David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman, Laurie Zaks, Robert Kievit and Frank Ketelaar. Allison Liddi-Brown will direct the pilot.
Carpenter told The Hollywood Reporter after wrapping up the filming of "Dexter", "I want to find something great, but I'm daring and patient enough to find something that I can give everything to."
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues