'Thor 3' Taps Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost as Writers
A duo has been hired to pen the screenplay for the third installment of "Thor". Like "Captain America 3" which targets the Russo brothers from the second film to return as directors, "Thor 3" also gets a familiar pair of writers to pen the script.
Craig Kyle, who served as an executive producer for "Thor: The Dark World", and Christopher Yost, who co-wrote the script for the 2013 film, are now collaborating to write a new story for the God of Thunder's next solo adventure on the big screen.
"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," said producer Kevin Feige in a statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process."
He went on, "The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor's adventure."
Chris Hemsworth is back wielding Mjolnir, but it's unclear if Alan Taylor who directed "The Dark World" will return to the directing seat. The helmer helped the second movie garner a big success and go so far as to become Marvel's third highest grossing film. Grossing more than $630 million worldwide, it ranks behind "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3".
Taylor is currently working on "Terminator: Genesis" due July 1, 2015. Jason Clarke is cast as John Connor, Emilia Clarke is tapped as Sarah Connor, and Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the titular cyborg.
More Thor: Ragnarok News
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'