'Thor 3' Taps Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost as Writers
A duo has been hired to pen the screenplay for the third installment of "Thor". Like "Captain America 3" which targets the Russo brothers from the second film to return as directors, "Thor 3" also gets a familiar pair of writers to pen the script.
Craig Kyle, who served as an executive producer for "Thor: The Dark World", and Christopher Yost, who co-wrote the script for the 2013 film, are now collaborating to write a new story for the God of Thunder's next solo adventure on the big screen.
"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," said producer Kevin Feige in a statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process."
He went on, "The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor's adventure."
Chris Hemsworth is back wielding Mjolnir, but it's unclear if Alan Taylor who directed "The Dark World" will return to the directing seat. The helmer helped the second movie garner a big success and go so far as to become Marvel's third highest grossing film. Grossing more than $630 million worldwide, it ranks behind "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3".
Taylor is currently working on "Terminator: Genesis" due July 1, 2015. Jason Clarke is cast as John Connor, Emilia Clarke is tapped as Sarah Connor, and Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the titular cyborg.
More Thor: Ragnarok News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed