'Thor 3' Taps Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost as Writers
A duo has been hired to pen the screenplay for the third installment of "Thor". Like "Captain America 3" which targets the Russo brothers from the second film to return as directors, "Thor 3" also gets a familiar pair of writers to pen the script.
Craig Kyle, who served as an executive producer for "Thor: The Dark World", and Christopher Yost, who co-wrote the script for the 2013 film, are now collaborating to write a new story for the God of Thunder's next solo adventure on the big screen.
"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," said producer Kevin Feige in a statement. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process."
He went on, "The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor's adventure."
Chris Hemsworth is back wielding Mjolnir, but it's unclear if Alan Taylor who directed "The Dark World" will return to the directing seat. The helmer helped the second movie garner a big success and go so far as to become Marvel's third highest grossing film. Grossing more than $630 million worldwide, it ranks behind "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 3".
Taylor is currently working on "Terminator: Genesis" due July 1, 2015. Jason Clarke is cast as John Connor, Emilia Clarke is tapped as Sarah Connor, and Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as the titular cyborg.
More Thor: Ragnarok News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby