Mark Wahlberg Tapped to Host 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
Having starred in some R-rated films recently, Mark Wahlberg will entertain kids later this year. The "Ted" actor has been billed to host the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards set to air live from University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 29, from 8-9:30 P.M. ET on Nickelodeon.
"We are thrilled to welcome a superstar like Mark Wahlberg as he takes the helm as our master of ceremonies at the biggest kid event of the year," says Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon's president of content development and production. "We can't wait for him to host and have lots of slime-filled fun with Hollywood's biggest stars and our audience."
Wahlberg joins actors including Josh Duhamel, Will Smith, Jack Black, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Justin Timberlake, Rosie O'Donnell, Cameron Diaz, Mike Myers and Ben Stiller who have previously hosted the show. This year's nominees will be announced soon.
The 42-year-old actor, who received an Academy Award nomination for his role in "The Departed", was last seen in action drama movie "Lone Survivor". He will next star in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" due to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 27.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?