Mark Wahlberg Tapped to Host 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
Having starred in some R-rated films recently, Mark Wahlberg will entertain kids later this year. The "Ted" actor has been billed to host the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards set to air live from University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 29, from 8-9:30 P.M. ET on Nickelodeon.
"We are thrilled to welcome a superstar like Mark Wahlberg as he takes the helm as our master of ceremonies at the biggest kid event of the year," says Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon's president of content development and production. "We can't wait for him to host and have lots of slime-filled fun with Hollywood's biggest stars and our audience."
Wahlberg joins actors including Josh Duhamel, Will Smith, Jack Black, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Justin Timberlake, Rosie O'Donnell, Cameron Diaz, Mike Myers and Ben Stiller who have previously hosted the show. This year's nominees will be announced soon.
The 42-year-old actor, who received an Academy Award nomination for his role in "The Departed", was last seen in action drama movie "Lone Survivor". He will next star in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" due to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 27.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked