Mark Wahlberg Tapped to Host 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
Having starred in some R-rated films recently, Mark Wahlberg will entertain kids later this year. The "Ted" actor has been billed to host the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards set to air live from University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 29, from 8-9:30 P.M. ET on Nickelodeon.
"We are thrilled to welcome a superstar like Mark Wahlberg as he takes the helm as our master of ceremonies at the biggest kid event of the year," says Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon's president of content development and production. "We can't wait for him to host and have lots of slime-filled fun with Hollywood's biggest stars and our audience."
Wahlberg joins actors including Josh Duhamel, Will Smith, Jack Black, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Justin Timberlake, Rosie O'Donnell, Cameron Diaz, Mike Myers and Ben Stiller who have previously hosted the show. This year's nominees will be announced soon.
The 42-year-old actor, who received an Academy Award nomination for his role in "The Departed", was last seen in action drama movie "Lone Survivor". He will next star in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" due to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 27.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London