Mark Wahlberg Tapped to Host 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
Having starred in some R-rated films recently, Mark Wahlberg will entertain kids later this year. The "Ted" actor has been billed to host the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards set to air live from University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 29, from 8-9:30 P.M. ET on Nickelodeon.
"We are thrilled to welcome a superstar like Mark Wahlberg as he takes the helm as our master of ceremonies at the biggest kid event of the year," says Russell Hicks, Nickelodeon's president of content development and production. "We can't wait for him to host and have lots of slime-filled fun with Hollywood's biggest stars and our audience."
Wahlberg joins actors including Josh Duhamel, Will Smith, Jack Black, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Justin Timberlake, Rosie O'Donnell, Cameron Diaz, Mike Myers and Ben Stiller who have previously hosted the show. This year's nominees will be announced soon.
The 42-year-old actor, who received an Academy Award nomination for his role in "The Departed", was last seen in action drama movie "Lone Survivor". He will next star in "Transformers: Age of Extinction" due to arrive in U.S. theaters on June 27.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years
- Ellen DeGeneres Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Coming Out in Special Episode
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle