Cameron Diaz on Fast Food: Just Cause You Can Chew It and Swallow It Doesn't Mean It's Food
Cameron Diaz has become the cover girl of Self magazine's February issue. The 41-year-old star flaunts her fit body in a white sweater and hot pants on the cover and talks about food and fitness in an interview for the spread.
In the interview, Diaz admits that she actually only started exercising regularly and paying attention to her body when she accepted a role in "Charlie's Angels". "I fell into fitness by accident. But it's become something I depend on physically and emotionally. I feel so much more empowered now," she says.
"I want women to know that it's never too late to start paying attention to their bodies. Until I started training at 27 for 'Charlie's Angels', I didn't. I literally quit smoking a month before," she shares. "We trained eight hours a day, seven days a week for three months, and I was dying. Crying every day. On Monday, I wondered how am I ever going to do this, but soon enough, I had a six-pack. At 27, I wasn't consciously saying, 'I'm doing this for when I'm 41.' But at 41, I'm saying, 'Thank God I started at 27.' "
In addition to exercising, Diaz pays attention to what she eats. The actress, who wrote in her book that she used to eat two Taco Bell bean burritos a day during high school, explains, "I saw a Taco Bell yesterday - it made my stomach scream. If I had nothing else to do, I would be, like, 'Three bean-and-cheese burritos and give me some nachos with extra cheese sauce!' I would so kill that s***." She adds, "But what I've learned is that just 'cause you can chew it and swallow it and poop it out doesn't mean it's food.' "
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media