'American Idol' Utah Auditions: Briston Maroney and Austin Wolfe Blow Away the Judges
In the final week of "American Idol" season 13 auditions, the judges found some young talent in Utah. Briston Maroney, 15, wowed the judges with his "unique" voice. Playing a guitar which once belonged to his great-grandfather, a Nashville recording artist, he sang The Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" which earned him a Golden Ticket.
Austin Wolfe, a 16-year-old student, reminded Harry Connick Jr. of Paramore's Hayley Williams. She delivered a powerful performance of Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive". Harry called her a "talented lady" and the judges sent her to Hollywood.
Also making it to the next round was Alex Preston, a self-described "band geek." He sang an original song and played with a percussive, finger-picking style. He was praised for his technical skills by Harry and got three "yes" from the judges.
LeBryant Crew, a 24-year-old minister, sang Little Walter's "My Babe". His captivating performance convinced the judges to send him to Hollywood. Singing John Mayer's "Gonna Find Another You", Kenzie Hall passed the audition as well.
C.J. Harris had something special that made you want to watch him and listen to him, so the judges thought, so they gave him a chance to show his skills in Hollywood. Funeral singer Tiquila Wilson, meanwhile, stunned the judges with a rendition of Adele's "Someone Like You".
Johnny Newcomb almost didn't make it to the next round, but he secured a spot in Hollywood after he was given another chance to sing. J.Lo said "yes" and convinced Keith Urban to change his mind too.
Casey Thrasher, a touring musician with two children, has a beautiful country voice. He sang Brooks & Dunn's "Believe" and earned a Golden Ticket.
On Thursday, January 30, "Idol" will return with the last audition episode in Nebraska.
More American Idol News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent