Rihanna Attends Viva Glam Cosmetics Launch, Talks Body Image
Rihanna, who apparently was excited to attend MAC Cosmetics Launch of Viva Glam Rihanna in New York City, looked pretty in sparkling purple blazer at the event which was held at the MAC Store Soho on Wednesday, January 29. Sporting a Lanvin scarf, the singer talked about public's perception of her and body image in interviews with news outlets.
"I think they think I'm drunk all the time. I think they think I am always partying, that my house is probably a party all the time with tons of people and tons of music and no clothes. I think that's what they think," she said, as quoted by USA Today. "I'm actually very laid back. I love watching TV on a big old couch by myself. I love to swim in the ocean or the pool."
To E! News, the singer who recently worked with Shakira for "Can't Remember to Forget You" talked about her love in cosmetics, saying that her mother contributed to the interest. "I mean, she had so much makeup when I was a little girl, and mostly red lipstick," she explained. "I couldn't wait to wear it. I put on makeup for the first time when I was 16 years old and it was so much fun. And the rest is history. Now I'm here sitting with MAC."
"I do pick on my body," the 25-year-old star added. "It's a thing that women do. We walk in front of the mirror and we look at our butt. Is it getting bigger today? Ew. It's still flat."
All proceeds from Viva Glam will go to the Mac AIDS Fund. "She's 100 million percent involved. She conceptualized all the shades of her commercial collaborations. She conceptualized the shade of Viva Glam. She's a force of nature," said John Demsey, chairman of the Mac AIDS Fund. The singer herself admitted that she was "floored" by the response to her previous line and she "wanted to expand my role, so to speak, as a more philanthropic role."
More Rihanna News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic