The CW: Rob Thomas' 'iZombie' Gets Pilot Order, 'Supernatural' Spin-Off Gets Title
In preparation for the upcoming TV season, The CW has ordered pilots to some of its projects. Among those picked up to pilot is "iZombie" from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas and his frequent collaborator Diane Rugierro.
The supernatural crime procedural based on DC Comics' property centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner's office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity.
But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse's memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.
Also getting pilot orders are "Identity" and "Jane the Virgin". The former is written by Corinne Brinkerhoff and executive produced by "Star Trek" scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, along with Heather Kadin, Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya.
The logline for the drama reads, "When a young woman in need of a transplant learns she is related to a powerful family whose son is her only hope for a donor organ, the CIA approaches her to investigate the family's involvement in domestic terrorism and to infiltrate their rarefied world. Her loyalty, morality and ethics are tested as she's forced to slowly build a case against the family who saved her life."
"Jane the Virgin", meanwhile, is adapted from the successful Venezuelan telenovela "Juana la Virgen". The original version follows a 17-year-old who is accidentally artificially inseminated due to a hospital error. The baby's biological father later falls in love with her despite being married.
These three shows join "Arrow" spin-off "The Flash" and "Supernatural" spin-off, which now has a working title. Called "Supernatural: Tribes", the show which explores the clashing hunter and monster cultures of Chicago will have its pilot aired as an episode of the mother show this spring.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'