'Frozen' Soundtrack Returns to Billboard 200's No. 1
The soundtrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" has returned to the top spot of Billboard 200. The record, going up from last week's No. 2, is having its third non-consecutive week at No. 1 after selling 93,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The album becomes the first soundtrack to top the chart for three weeks since 2007, when the TV soundtrack to "High School Musical 2" stayed at No. 1 for four weeks. Since being released late last year, "Frozen" soundtrack set has sold a total of 769,000 copies.
At Billboard 200's No. 2, the official "2014 Grammy Nominees" album debuts with 59,000. The compilation set features the songs from the nominees of this year's Grammy Awards, including Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, Taylor Swift, Pink and Kendrick Lamar.
A Great Big World's "Is There Anybody Out There?" becomes another new album to enter the top 10. Supported by smashing hit collaboration with Christina Aguilera "Say Something", the duo's first LP arrives at No. 3 with more than 48,000.
Beyonce Knowles' self titled album "Beyonce" is holding its position at No. 4 with 48,000. The diva's fifth studio effort, which arrived in December, is predicted to sell more next week following her performance of "Drunk in Love" with husband Jay-Z at the Grammys on Sunday, January 26.
Lorde's "Pure Heroine", meanwhile, lands at No. 5 this week with 37,000. Running closely behind the New Zealand native's debut album, the "Kidz Bop 25" album bows at No. 6 with 36,000. At No. 7, another new entry Young the Giant's "Mind Over Matter" enters the chart with 34,000.
Last week's first placer Bruce Springsteen's "High Hopes" plunges to this week's No. 8 with 26,000 while Katy Perry's "Prism" stays still at No. 9 with 25,000. Rounding out the top 10 is Eminem's "MMLP2", which falls two rungs after selling additional 24,000.
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (93,000)
- The "2014 Grammy Nominees" Album - Various Artists (59,000)
- "Is There Anybody Out There?" - A Great Big World (48,000)
- "Beyonce" - Beyonce Knowles (48,000)
- "Pure Heroine" - Lorde (37,000)
- The "Kidz Bop 25" Album - Various Artists (36,000)
- "Mind Over Matter" - Young the Giant (34,000)
- "High Hopes" - Bruce Springsteen (26,000)
- "Prism" - Katy Perry (25,000)
- "MMLP2" - Eminem (24,000)
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'