Justin Bieber Turns Himself in to Police Over Alleged Assault, Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charge
Justin Bieber's legal drama continues. The 19-year-old pop star turned himself in to Toronto police on Wednesday, January 29. According to CBC News, the pop star will face a charge which stemmed from an alleged assault involving a limousine driver in December.
The "Boyfriend" singer appeared at the police station accompanied by a bodyguard. Some police officers made human barricade so that he could get through numerous reporters and fans who showed up to see him. According to sources at the law enforcement department, Bieber would be officially charged at the 52 Division police station. He will be required to show up on a later date.
Back in December, a limo driver claimed that someone in Bieber's entourage assaulted him after they attended a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game at the Air Canada Centre. "The limo driver called police saying he was assaulted by one of his fares, and his fare included the entourage of Justin Bieber," said Constable Victor Kwong with the Toronto Police Service, as quoted by New York Daily News. When asked if Bieber was in the limo, Kwong said, "He was there."
In other news, Bieber's legal team has entered not guilty plea on the behalf of the singer following his arrest in Miami Beach last Thursday. At that time, he was arrested for DUI, driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest. The attorney also asked for a jury trial. An arraignment is set for February 14 in Florida, but the singer might not be required to attend.
More Justin Bieber News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season