Justin Bieber Turns Himself in to Police Over Alleged Assault, Pleads Not Guilty to DUI Charge
Justin Bieber's legal drama continues. The 19-year-old pop star turned himself in to Toronto police on Wednesday, January 29. According to CBC News, the pop star will face a charge which stemmed from an alleged assault involving a limousine driver in December.
The "Boyfriend" singer appeared at the police station accompanied by a bodyguard. Some police officers made human barricade so that he could get through numerous reporters and fans who showed up to see him. According to sources at the law enforcement department, Bieber would be officially charged at the 52 Division police station. He will be required to show up on a later date.
Back in December, a limo driver claimed that someone in Bieber's entourage assaulted him after they attended a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game at the Air Canada Centre. "The limo driver called police saying he was assaulted by one of his fares, and his fare included the entourage of Justin Bieber," said Constable Victor Kwong with the Toronto Police Service, as quoted by New York Daily News. When asked if Bieber was in the limo, Kwong said, "He was there."
In other news, Bieber's legal team has entered not guilty plea on the behalf of the singer following his arrest in Miami Beach last Thursday. At that time, he was arrested for DUI, driving with a suspended license and resisting arrest. The attorney also asked for a jury trial. An arraignment is set for February 14 in Florida, but the singer might not be required to attend.
More Justin Bieber News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert