Austin Mahone Denies Dating Selena Gomez but Thinks She's 'Really Pretty'
Despite a recent rumor that he is dating older singer Selena Gomez, Austin Mahone stated that he's single. The 17-year-old pop star has nothing but great appreciation for Gomez's music and beauty.
"I'm not seeing her," Mahone told OK! Magazine. "We're just friends. We always talk music, like she shows me her new song she's about to come out with. She's super cool. She's got some great music coming out, so yeah."
The "Say Somethin'" singer also told People at an Aquafina FlavorSplash press conference Wednesday, January 29, "We're just friends. She's really cool ...I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like, 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out.' So it's cool."
However, persistent rumors said Gomez and Mahone had special connection. "Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," an industry insider told People, adding "They've been hanging out over the last few months. They have a lot of respect for each other."
Us Weekly was the first to report that Gomez and Mahone were secretly dating, noting that Gomez's BFF Taylor Swift was the one who set them up. Mahone opened for Swift's "Red Tour".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns