Austin Mahone Denies Dating Selena Gomez but Thinks She's 'Really Pretty'
Despite a recent rumor that he is dating older singer Selena Gomez, Austin Mahone stated that he's single. The 17-year-old pop star has nothing but great appreciation for Gomez's music and beauty.
"I'm not seeing her," Mahone told OK! Magazine. "We're just friends. We always talk music, like she shows me her new song she's about to come out with. She's super cool. She's got some great music coming out, so yeah."
The "Say Somethin'" singer also told People at an Aquafina FlavorSplash press conference Wednesday, January 29, "We're just friends. She's really cool ...I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like, 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out.' So it's cool."
However, persistent rumors said Gomez and Mahone had special connection. "Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," an industry insider told People, adding "They've been hanging out over the last few months. They have a lot of respect for each other."
Us Weekly was the first to report that Gomez and Mahone were secretly dating, noting that Gomez's BFF Taylor Swift was the one who set them up. Mahone opened for Swift's "Red Tour".
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her