Austin Mahone Denies Dating Selena Gomez but Thinks She's 'Really Pretty'
Despite a recent rumor that he is dating older singer Selena Gomez, Austin Mahone stated that he's single. The 17-year-old pop star has nothing but great appreciation for Gomez's music and beauty.
"I'm not seeing her," Mahone told OK! Magazine. "We're just friends. We always talk music, like she shows me her new song she's about to come out with. She's super cool. She's got some great music coming out, so yeah."
The "Say Somethin'" singer also told People at an Aquafina FlavorSplash press conference Wednesday, January 29, "We're just friends. She's really cool ...I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like, 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out.' So it's cool."
However, persistent rumors said Gomez and Mahone had special connection. "Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," an industry insider told People, adding "They've been hanging out over the last few months. They have a lot of respect for each other."
Us Weekly was the first to report that Gomez and Mahone were secretly dating, noting that Gomez's BFF Taylor Swift was the one who set them up. Mahone opened for Swift's "Red Tour".
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC