Austin Mahone Denies Dating Selena Gomez but Thinks She's 'Really Pretty'
Despite a recent rumor that he is dating older singer Selena Gomez, Austin Mahone stated that he's single. The 17-year-old pop star has nothing but great appreciation for Gomez's music and beauty.
"I'm not seeing her," Mahone told OK! Magazine. "We're just friends. We always talk music, like she shows me her new song she's about to come out with. She's super cool. She's got some great music coming out, so yeah."
The "Say Somethin'" singer also told People at an Aquafina FlavorSplash press conference Wednesday, January 29, "We're just friends. She's really cool ...I mean, I think she's really pretty but every time I'm in L.A., she's like, 'Hey you're in L.A., lets hang out.' So it's cool."
However, persistent rumors said Gomez and Mahone had special connection. "Maybe they are more than just friends but they are certainly not dating," an industry insider told People, adding "They've been hanging out over the last few months. They have a lot of respect for each other."
Us Weekly was the first to report that Gomez and Mahone were secretly dating, noting that Gomez's BFF Taylor Swift was the one who set them up. Mahone opened for Swift's "Red Tour".
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years