Justin Bieber's Girlfriend Chantel Jeffries Denies 'Bad Girl' Label
Chantel Jeffries, the model who hit the limelight in the past few days for riding in Justin Bieber's lamborghini before his arrest, is pissed that she is deemed notorious bad girl. The 21-year-old wanted to set the record straight because all the false claims were hurting her and her family.
Jeffries responded to the articles published on NY Daily News and Daily Mail of her having five arrests including a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in February 2011. "I have been overwhelmed by the negative attention I have recently received in the media," Jeffries told E! News in a statement. "My family and I are particularly upset about the false accusations which have been published concerning my criminal history."
She added, "For the record, I have not been arrested five times as has been stated in the media, nor am I guilty of physically assaulting anyone, in any way shape or form. I am a full-time student who had enjoyed a normal lifestyle, free from public scrutiny and criticism, until now."
Her attorney Matt Morgan told TMZ that she was arrested at 18 for a misdemeanor assault but the case was dismissed when there was not enough evidence. Morgan noted that the Jacksonville, N.C. native only had "traffic violations."
Continuing her statement, Jeffries said, "What has happened to me is wrong. I want people in general, and the media in particular, to consider the impact their disparaging comments have on the individual; especially when their comments are inaccurate."
Her aunt Nancy McCluskey previously described her niece as "born and raised Christian. She's a church-going girl." McCluskey said of the recent arrest, "She's a very well-rounded and intelligent individual, so it's kind of shocking to hear she was present for this." Jeffries was taken to jail on early Thursday, January 23 in Miami Beach, Fla. along with Bieber and rapper Khalil but was released later that day.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince