Leonardo DiCaprio's 6-Year-Old Niece Declared Missing
Leonardo DiCaprio's six-year-old niece has been put on the missing child list by authorities. Police revealed after arresting DiCaprio's actor step-brother Adam Farrar last Friday, January 24 that Normadie Farrar had been kidnapped by a member of her family and her whereabouts was unknown.
Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit of the California Department of Justice stated that Normadie was subject to "parental/family abduction." According to Los Angeles Police Department, Adam is thought to be responsible for hiding his daughter before his arrest for drug possession and theft in Collin County.
Adam's girlfriend and Normadie's mother, Charity Moore, was also thought to be hiding her in Texas. She was arrested five days before Farrar on a slew of charges such as two counts of possession of a dangerous drug, theft and a misdemeanor involving a parent contributing to the child's nonattendance at school. "Adam and Charity have been hiding with Normadie in Texas, desperately avoiding the Department of Justice," a family friend told RadarOnline.com.
Both Adam and Charity are still held at correctional facility. "It's now very worrying," the source continued. "With both of them locked up in jail, no-one in the DiCaprio family is sure where Normadie is, at this time. They didn't even know that Adam and Charity had been arrested."
DiCaprio and Adam used to be close and were seen together watching a basketball game in 2010. Sources said their relationship turned sour in recent years and they had zero contact since. DiCaprio reportedly jumped into acting after being inspired by Adam, who scored a number of roles in movies, TV and commercials in the '80s. Adam's career became stagnant in late '90s while DiCaprio's soared after his role in "Titanic".
DiCaprio's mother Peggy reportedly is worried about the well-being of her granddaughter. However, Charity's father Don insisted that Normadie was fine. "This is all so bizarre," he told Radar. "If it was anybody;s business what's going on, we would tell it. I can tell you that Normadie's safe and that's all I'm going to tell you. She's a beautiful child and she's not 'missing.' She was with her mother and where she is now is nobody's business."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!