Jimmy Fallon Hands Over 'Late Night' Pickle to Seth Meyers
Jimmy Fallon is ready to pass the "Late Night" throne to Seth Meyers. He welcomed Meyers on the show Tuesday, January 28 to talk about his last week on "Saturday Night Live" and hand over the "Late Night" pickle to mark the transition.
The giant plastic pickle has been preserved since David Letterman left the show to host CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" in 1993. Letterman presented it to Conan O'Brien, who later handed it off to Fallon in 2009.
In an old video, Fallon said of the pickle, "It just kind of put everything in perspective, even though I'm holding a giant pickle ...What a great tradition this is and what a great honor that I'm following in the footsteps of these great comedians." He also read a personal note penned by O'Brien, "Whenever you're done - which won't be for a long time - make sure you pass it on to the next sap. Knock 'em dead."
During a sit-down on the latest episode of "Late Night", Meyers and Fallon, who is an "SNL" alum, recalled their time together on the sketch show. Fallon showed a clip from a 2001 episode where Meyers first appeared on "Weekend Update" and talked about their hairstyles at the time.
Seth Meyers will debut as "Late Night" host on February 24. Meanwhile, Fallon will take over the "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno beginning February 17.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'