Jimmy Fallon Hands Over 'Late Night' Pickle to Seth Meyers
Jimmy Fallon is ready to pass the "Late Night" throne to Seth Meyers. He welcomed Meyers on the show Tuesday, January 28 to talk about his last week on "Saturday Night Live" and hand over the "Late Night" pickle to mark the transition.
The giant plastic pickle has been preserved since David Letterman left the show to host CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" in 1993. Letterman presented it to Conan O'Brien, who later handed it off to Fallon in 2009.
In an old video, Fallon said of the pickle, "It just kind of put everything in perspective, even though I'm holding a giant pickle ...What a great tradition this is and what a great honor that I'm following in the footsteps of these great comedians." He also read a personal note penned by O'Brien, "Whenever you're done - which won't be for a long time - make sure you pass it on to the next sap. Knock 'em dead."
During a sit-down on the latest episode of "Late Night", Meyers and Fallon, who is an "SNL" alum, recalled their time together on the sketch show. Fallon showed a clip from a 2001 episode where Meyers first appeared on "Weekend Update" and talked about their hairstyles at the time.
Seth Meyers will debut as "Late Night" host on February 24. Meanwhile, Fallon will take over the "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno beginning February 17.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!