Jimmy Fallon Hands Over 'Late Night' Pickle to Seth Meyers
Jimmy Fallon is ready to pass the "Late Night" throne to Seth Meyers. He welcomed Meyers on the show Tuesday, January 28 to talk about his last week on "Saturday Night Live" and hand over the "Late Night" pickle to mark the transition.
The giant plastic pickle has been preserved since David Letterman left the show to host CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" in 1993. Letterman presented it to Conan O'Brien, who later handed it off to Fallon in 2009.
In an old video, Fallon said of the pickle, "It just kind of put everything in perspective, even though I'm holding a giant pickle ...What a great tradition this is and what a great honor that I'm following in the footsteps of these great comedians." He also read a personal note penned by O'Brien, "Whenever you're done - which won't be for a long time - make sure you pass it on to the next sap. Knock 'em dead."
During a sit-down on the latest episode of "Late Night", Meyers and Fallon, who is an "SNL" alum, recalled their time together on the sketch show. Fallon showed a clip from a 2001 episode where Meyers first appeared on "Weekend Update" and talked about their hairstyles at the time.
Seth Meyers will debut as "Late Night" host on February 24. Meanwhile, Fallon will take over the "Tonight Show" from Jay Leno beginning February 17.
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart