Nicolas Cage Finds Redemption in 'Joe' Trailer
The first trailer for David Gordon Green's gritty drama "Joe" has just been unleashed for viewing pleasure. It shows Nicolas Cage playing the titular role who takes Tye Sheridan's 15-year-old Gary under his wing and becomes a father figure to the teenage boy.
Joe is an ex-con who tried to put his dark past behind him and to live a simple life. He works for a lumber company by day, drinks by night. But when Gary comes to town desperate for work to support his family, Joe finds a way to atone for his sins and to finally be someone's hero.
An adaptation of Larry Brown's 1991 novel of the same name, the film premiered at the 2013 Venice Film Festival before being screened at the Toronto International Film Festival that year. No theatrical release date has been announced in the United States.
More Joe News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival