Nicolas Cage Finds Redemption in 'Joe' Trailer
The first trailer for David Gordon Green's gritty drama "Joe" has just been unleashed for viewing pleasure. It shows Nicolas Cage playing the titular role who takes Tye Sheridan's 15-year-old Gary under his wing and becomes a father figure to the teenage boy.
Joe is an ex-con who tried to put his dark past behind him and to live a simple life. He works for a lumber company by day, drinks by night. But when Gary comes to town desperate for work to support his family, Joe finds a way to atone for his sins and to finally be someone's hero.
An adaptation of Larry Brown's 1991 novel of the same name, the film premiered at the 2013 Venice Film Festival before being screened at the Toronto International Film Festival that year. No theatrical release date has been announced in the United States.
More Joe News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?