Nicolas Cage Finds Redemption in 'Joe' Trailer
The first trailer for David Gordon Green's gritty drama "Joe" has just been unleashed for viewing pleasure. It shows Nicolas Cage playing the titular role who takes Tye Sheridan's 15-year-old Gary under his wing and becomes a father figure to the teenage boy.
Joe is an ex-con who tried to put his dark past behind him and to live a simple life. He works for a lumber company by day, drinks by night. But when Gary comes to town desperate for work to support his family, Joe finds a way to atone for his sins and to finally be someone's hero.
An adaptation of Larry Brown's 1991 novel of the same name, the film premiered at the 2013 Venice Film Festival before being screened at the Toronto International Film Festival that year. No theatrical release date has been announced in the United States.
More Joe News
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa