Lorde Rants About Fame on Twitter: 'Success Comes With a Price Tag'
Lorde apparently is upset after she and her family were swarmed by photographers at a New Zealand airport. The 17-year-old singer landed at the airport on Tuesday, January 28 after she attended the 2014 Grammy Awards on Sunday. An incident apparently happened while many photographers and excited fans welcomed her following her wins at the biggest show in music industry.
"NZ media almost pushed over myself and my family at the airport this morning in order to get their shots. bit of a sad welcome if I'm honest," she said in a Twitter post which is no longer available. "I understand that people of note are supposedly fair game for everyone to photograph and film but that doesn't make it acceptable."
"I'm beginning to get used to my image as a public commodity, and the fact that I'm getting used to it frightens me," she continued. "There is a difference between [attention] from fans, which I love, and the constant, often lecherous gaze that I'm subjected to in this industry." She also said, "I know that success comes with a price tag. It just sucks when you see that in your tiny home country where you previously felt safe."
Lorde won in two categories of Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance at the Grammys for "Royals". Her song competed against other popular works such as "Just Give Me A Reason", "Locked Out of Heaven", "Roar" and "Same Love" for Song of the Year trophy. She earned the other award after defeating other nominees including Sara Bareilles with "Brave", Katy Perry with "Roar", Bruno Mars with "When I Was Your Man" and Justin Timberlake with "Mirrors".
More Lorde News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie