Video: Ellen DeGeneres' Thank-You Speech Cut Short in New Oscars Promo
Ellen DeGeneres spoofs stars' acceptance speeches in a new promo for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. The comedienne would like to thank the Academy for choosing her to host the Oscars for the second time. But only a few seconds into her speech, music plays signaling her to wrap it up.
The prestigious awards show will take place March 2 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles. After celebrating the 50th anniversary of James Bond franchise last year, this year's event will honor the 75th anniversary of "The Wizard of Oz", the all-time classic which starred Judy Garland as Dorothy.
The movie got six nods back in 1939, including Best Picture. It lost the top prize to "Gone with the Wind", but still managed to win Original Score and Song. "We are delighted to celebrate the birthday of one of the most beloved movies of all time at this year's Oscars," say show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'