Video: Ellen DeGeneres' Thank-You Speech Cut Short in New Oscars Promo
Ellen DeGeneres spoofs stars' acceptance speeches in a new promo for the upcoming 86th annual Academy Awards. The comedienne would like to thank the Academy for choosing her to host the Oscars for the second time. But only a few seconds into her speech, music plays signaling her to wrap it up.
The prestigious awards show will take place March 2 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles. After celebrating the 50th anniversary of James Bond franchise last year, this year's event will honor the 75th anniversary of "The Wizard of Oz", the all-time classic which starred Judy Garland as Dorothy.
The movie got six nods back in 1939, including Best Picture. It lost the top prize to "Gone with the Wind", but still managed to win Original Score and Song. "We are delighted to celebrate the birthday of one of the most beloved movies of all time at this year's Oscars," say show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups