'SNL' Promo: Melissa McCarthy Avoids Mentioning Super Bowl, Punches Kenan Thompson
Melissa McCarthy promotes her return to "Saturday Night Live" this weekend in a newly-debuted promo video. The actress makes a reference to Super Bowl which will air February 2, but can't say it because it doesn't air on NBC this year.
Thus, she and Kenan Thompson introduce some NBC-approved alternative terms for the big football game. Football Bowl, Televised Man Battle With Ball, Contest of Helmets and Strategy and Live Ball War: The Game are some of the new names that she believes will catch on.
In another scene, McCarthy gets angry when Thompson comments, "Third time's a charm," on her third "SNL" hosting stint. Believing that the "SNL" regular cast member said her previous two stints were bad, she punches him.
The "Mike & Molly" star also pokes fun at the upcoming winter Olympics. She appears out of breath carrying what she believes to be the Olympic torch, while it's actually "just regular newspaper."
"SNL" hosted by McCarthy will air February 1 at 11:30 P.M./10:30c on NBC. Imagine Dragons will be the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle