'SNL' Promo: Melissa McCarthy Avoids Mentioning Super Bowl, Punches Kenan Thompson
Melissa McCarthy promotes her return to "Saturday Night Live" this weekend in a newly-debuted promo video. The actress makes a reference to Super Bowl which will air February 2, but can't say it because it doesn't air on NBC this year.
Thus, she and Kenan Thompson introduce some NBC-approved alternative terms for the big football game. Football Bowl, Televised Man Battle With Ball, Contest of Helmets and Strategy and Live Ball War: The Game are some of the new names that she believes will catch on.
In another scene, McCarthy gets angry when Thompson comments, "Third time's a charm," on her third "SNL" hosting stint. Believing that the "SNL" regular cast member said her previous two stints were bad, she punches him.
The "Mike & Molly" star also pokes fun at the upcoming winter Olympics. She appears out of breath carrying what she believes to be the Olympic torch, while it's actually "just regular newspaper."
"SNL" hosted by McCarthy will air February 1 at 11:30 P.M./10:30c on NBC. Imagine Dragons will be the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal