'SNL' Promo: Melissa McCarthy Avoids Mentioning Super Bowl, Punches Kenan Thompson
Melissa McCarthy promotes her return to "Saturday Night Live" this weekend in a newly-debuted promo video. The actress makes a reference to Super Bowl which will air February 2, but can't say it because it doesn't air on NBC this year.
Thus, she and Kenan Thompson introduce some NBC-approved alternative terms for the big football game. Football Bowl, Televised Man Battle With Ball, Contest of Helmets and Strategy and Live Ball War: The Game are some of the new names that she believes will catch on.
In another scene, McCarthy gets angry when Thompson comments, "Third time's a charm," on her third "SNL" hosting stint. Believing that the "SNL" regular cast member said her previous two stints were bad, she punches him.
The "Mike & Molly" star also pokes fun at the upcoming winter Olympics. She appears out of breath carrying what she believes to be the Olympic torch, while it's actually "just regular newspaper."
"SNL" hosted by McCarthy will air February 1 at 11:30 P.M./10:30c on NBC. Imagine Dragons will be the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences