'SNL' Promo: Melissa McCarthy Avoids Mentioning Super Bowl, Punches Kenan Thompson
Melissa McCarthy promotes her return to "Saturday Night Live" this weekend in a newly-debuted promo video. The actress makes a reference to Super Bowl which will air February 2, but can't say it because it doesn't air on NBC this year.
Thus, she and Kenan Thompson introduce some NBC-approved alternative terms for the big football game. Football Bowl, Televised Man Battle With Ball, Contest of Helmets and Strategy and Live Ball War: The Game are some of the new names that she believes will catch on.
In another scene, McCarthy gets angry when Thompson comments, "Third time's a charm," on her third "SNL" hosting stint. Believing that the "SNL" regular cast member said her previous two stints were bad, she punches him.
The "Mike & Molly" star also pokes fun at the upcoming winter Olympics. She appears out of breath carrying what she believes to be the Olympic torch, while it's actually "just regular newspaper."
"SNL" hosted by McCarthy will air February 1 at 11:30 P.M./10:30c on NBC. Imagine Dragons will be the musical guest.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape