Laurence Fishburne Reprises 'The Matrix' Role in Kia's Super Bowl Ad
Laurence Fishburne returns as his character in "The Matrix", Morpheus, in a Super Bowl ad for Kia called "The Truth". Recreating the movie scene with a funny twist, Morpheus appears as a valet who offers two choices of key cars with a blue and red label to an unsuspecting couple. "Take the blue key and go back to the luxury you know. Take the red key and you'll never look at luxury the same again," he tells the confused-looking pair.
The man chooses the red key and the new Kia K900 arrives. The couple takes their seats with the man driving. He then comments on the luxury car, "This is unreal." Morpheus suddenly shows up in the back seat. "No. It's very real. This is what luxury looks like. This is what it feels like," he says while touching the seat. "And this is what it sounds like," he adds before showing off his vocals to sing "Nessun Dorma".
Two agents in black suits also make appearance in the video. Morpheus keeps singing while they drive around the city. He hits the high note at one point while street lamps as well as buildings' glasses break and other cars fly in "Matrix" fashion. "Challenge the luxury you know," reads a message in the end of the ad.
"Kia has always been willing to challenge the status quo, and starting with our Super Bowl commercial, we are out to dispel the notion that tradition and history are what makes a luxury sedan," said Michael Sprague, executive vice president of Kia Motor America, as quoted by USA Today. "The K900 offers something modern and different for the growing number of people who don't want to be confined by the traditional definitions of luxury." The commercial will air during the big game on Sunday, February 2.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer