Alec Baldwin Mistakenly Blames TSA for Baby Daughter's Airport Pat-Down
Alec Baldwin slammed TSA over a recent airport incident when he's about to board a plane with his wife Hilaria Thomas from the Bahamas to New York. He lashed out at the agency after his 5-month-old baby girl Carmen Gabriela was patted down by security.
"Flying from Nassau, Bahamas 2 NY. TSA 'random selects' my 5 month old daughter 4 a pat down," wrote the former "30 Rock" star on Twitter. "I am not kidding. #travelinginUSisadisgrace."
But in his fury, Baldwin apparently muddled the fact that Bahamas' not part of the United States. A senior Homeland Security official also told NBC News that TSA didn't conduct screening operation in the Bahamas and neither did they pat down any child under the age of 12.
"So, I guess there is a TSA-like function as you go through US customs in Nassau. But you sophisticate, you! You got me," the "Blue Jasmine" star responded to his follower who was quick to point out his error.
"I wrote re security at Bahamas airport, US TSA or no, to highlight over- zealous practices," he also explained. "But thank God 4 that brigade of geniuses...," he added, "led by @richardroeper, for your wealth of knowledge and understanding."
"I guess what I'm saying is: Traveling in the US is a pain in the ... ass," the hot-tempered actor continued in another post which was already removed.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene