Alec Baldwin Mistakenly Blames TSA for Baby Daughter's Airport Pat-Down
Alec Baldwin slammed TSA over a recent airport incident when he's about to board a plane with his wife Hilaria Thomas from the Bahamas to New York. He lashed out at the agency after his 5-month-old baby girl Carmen Gabriela was patted down by security.
"Flying from Nassau, Bahamas 2 NY. TSA 'random selects' my 5 month old daughter 4 a pat down," wrote the former "30 Rock" star on Twitter. "I am not kidding. #travelinginUSisadisgrace."
But in his fury, Baldwin apparently muddled the fact that Bahamas' not part of the United States. A senior Homeland Security official also told NBC News that TSA didn't conduct screening operation in the Bahamas and neither did they pat down any child under the age of 12.
"So, I guess there is a TSA-like function as you go through US customs in Nassau. But you sophisticate, you! You got me," the "Blue Jasmine" star responded to his follower who was quick to point out his error.
"I wrote re security at Bahamas airport, US TSA or no, to highlight over- zealous practices," he also explained. "But thank God 4 that brigade of geniuses...," he added, "led by @richardroeper, for your wealth of knowledge and understanding."
"I guess what I'm saying is: Traveling in the US is a pain in the ... ass," the hot-tempered actor continued in another post which was already removed.
More Alec Baldwin News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes