Madonna to Perform With Miley Cyrus on 'MTV Unplugged'
Miley Cyrus is going to appear on "MTV Unplugged" with Madonna. According to E! News, the "Material Girl" hitmaker will join the former Disney star for her MTV special which was taped on Tuesday, January 28 and will air on Wednesday at 09:00 P.M. ET/PT.
The two superstars were reportedly spotted rehearsing their collaboration on a Hollywood soundstage on Monday, January 27. There's still no word on what song they will play. Madonna will apparently be one of a few other guests who will perform with the "Wrecking Ball" singer during the show.
"The performance will showcase a more intimate side of Cyrus and feature surprise guests for an unexpected re-invention of the songs that have defined her career, including several from her No. 1 critically acclaimed album, 'Bangerz'," MTV said last week in a news release.
"Miley and her fans have always had an intimate and direct connection through her music, personality and no-holds-barred attitude and the 'Unplugged' stage will serve as the perfect platform for her to show viewers what inspires and ignites her music and her passions," they added.
Cyrus is following the footsteps of artists like Nirvana, Paul McCartney, Mariah Carey, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan and Alicia Keys, who have appeared on "Unplugged" series since the show started in 1989.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera