May 27, 2016  

Prince Drops $22 M Lawsuit Against 22 Bootleggers

January 29, 2014 (3:31 am) GMT
The suit, which was filed earlier this month, is dismissed without prejudice which means the star can file it again in the future.

has decided to drop a lawsuit against 22 bootleggers who posted the footage of his performances on their Facebook pages and blogs. According to TMZ, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means the singer can refile it anytime he wants in the future.

The dismissal came just a few days after the news about the lawsuit went public. Earlier reports said that Prince, who's known for being litigious, filed the court documents earlier this month. He demanded $1 M each from 22 owners of websites and Facebook pages.

Filed at San Francisco's U.S. district court, the suit stated that "the defendants in this case engage in massive infringement and bootlegging of Prince's material."

It's unclear why Prince changed his mind about the case. TMZ has tried and failed to reach out to the star's lawyer.

In other Prince news, he has previewed a new song called "PRETZELBODYLOGIC". The song will be featured in "", an upcoming album by 3RDEYEGIRL.



More Prince News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
  2. Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
  3. Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
  4. Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
  5. Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
  6. 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
  7. Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
  8. Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert