Prince Drops $22 M Lawsuit Against 22 Bootleggers
Prince has decided to drop a lawsuit against 22 bootleggers who posted the footage of his performances on their Facebook pages and blogs. According to TMZ, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice which means the singer can refile it anytime he wants in the future.
The dismissal came just a few days after the news about the lawsuit went public. Earlier reports said that Prince, who's known for being litigious, filed the court documents earlier this month. He demanded $1 M each from 22 owners of websites and Facebook pages.
Filed at San Francisco's U.S. district court, the suit stated that "the defendants in this case engage in massive infringement and bootlegging of Prince's material."
It's unclear why Prince changed his mind about the case. TMZ has tried and failed to reach out to the star's lawyer.
In other Prince news, he has previewed a new song called "PRETZELBODYLOGIC". The song will be featured in "PLECTRUMELECTRUM", an upcoming album by 3RDEYEGIRL.
More Prince News
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women