First Look at Future Sentinel in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Empire magazine releases 25 different covers for its latest issue with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" mutants gracing each of them. The final cover unveiled gives a first look at future Sentinel, the mutant-hunting machine. Unlike the past robotic design, this new one is sleeker with alien-like form.
"They're biomechanical weapons," production designer John Myhre explains. "We had to come up with what would be the ultimate version that could actually, in principle, stop the X-Men."
"We started with this idea that they were almost made up of magnetic plates slapped over one another, imagining that the plates could contract or grow, so the Sentinel can be skinny to get through a small space or the plates can open up to become a bigger shape. So they have become virtually unstoppable."
The other covers feature the likes of Warpath, Iceman, Colossus, Sunspot, Bishop, Blink, Quicksilver, and Toad. Directed by Bryan Singer, the movie is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on May 23. Anna Paquin's Rogue is also seen in one of the covers. Her one and only scene has been cut from the movie, but it could still end up on DVD.
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'