First Look at Future Sentinel in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Empire magazine releases 25 different covers for its latest issue with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" mutants gracing each of them. The final cover unveiled gives a first look at future Sentinel, the mutant-hunting machine. Unlike the past robotic design, this new one is sleeker with alien-like form.
"They're biomechanical weapons," production designer John Myhre explains. "We had to come up with what would be the ultimate version that could actually, in principle, stop the X-Men."
"We started with this idea that they were almost made up of magnetic plates slapped over one another, imagining that the plates could contract or grow, so the Sentinel can be skinny to get through a small space or the plates can open up to become a bigger shape. So they have become virtually unstoppable."
The other covers feature the likes of Warpath, Iceman, Colossus, Sunspot, Bishop, Blink, Quicksilver, and Toad. Directed by Bryan Singer, the movie is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on May 23. Anna Paquin's Rogue is also seen in one of the covers. Her one and only scene has been cut from the movie, but it could still end up on DVD.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?