Daft Punk Streaming on Spotify Increases 200 Percent After the Grammys
Daft Punk had a big night at Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. In addition to performing live at the event, the French electronic music duo nabbed the top prizes in several categories including the prestigious Album of the Year for their "Random Access Memories".
Due to their new achievement, the streams of Daft Punk's songs on Spotify increased by 205%. Meanwhile, the streams of Stevie Wonder's "Another Star", which the legendary singer performed with the robots during the show held at Los Angeles' Staples Center, gained the biggest increase with 635%.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis enjoyed a 65% increase on the music streaming service after winning four Grammys, including Best Rap Album for their debut effort "The Heist" and Best Rap Song for their hit "Thrift Shop".
Despite going home empty handed, Kendrick Lamar had a 99% increase thanks to his amazing performance with Imagine Dragons. That night, the Compton MC teamed up with the Las Vegas rockers for his "m.A.A.d City" and their "Radioactive".
Chicago's "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?", which the band sang at the Grammys with Robin Thicke, jumped more than 150%. Metallica's "One" also earned significant increase with 125%.
Other musicians who gained more streams post-Grammys include Taylor Swift (67%), Pharrell Williams (54%), Beyonce Knowles (52%) and Lorde (46%).
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding