Daft Punk Streaming on Spotify Increases 200 Percent After the Grammys
Daft Punk had a big night at Grammy Awards on Sunday, January 26. In addition to performing live at the event, the French electronic music duo nabbed the top prizes in several categories including the prestigious Album of the Year for their "Random Access Memories".
Due to their new achievement, the streams of Daft Punk's songs on Spotify increased by 205%. Meanwhile, the streams of Stevie Wonder's "Another Star", which the legendary singer performed with the robots during the show held at Los Angeles' Staples Center, gained the biggest increase with 635%.
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis enjoyed a 65% increase on the music streaming service after winning four Grammys, including Best Rap Album for their debut effort "The Heist" and Best Rap Song for their hit "Thrift Shop".
Despite going home empty handed, Kendrick Lamar had a 99% increase thanks to his amazing performance with Imagine Dragons. That night, the Compton MC teamed up with the Las Vegas rockers for his "m.A.A.d City" and their "Radioactive".
Chicago's "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?", which the band sang at the Grammys with Robin Thicke, jumped more than 150%. Metallica's "One" also earned significant increase with 125%.
Other musicians who gained more streams post-Grammys include Taylor Swift (67%), Pharrell Williams (54%), Beyonce Knowles (52%) and Lorde (46%).
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic