Kanye West and Alleged Beating Victim Reportedly Reach Settlement
Kanye West reportedly has agreed to a civil settlement with a 18-year-old man he allegedly punched earlier this month. According to a TMZ report, West has paid $250,000 and the alleged victim now no longer wishes to pursue criminal prosecution against the rapper.
The incident took place earlier this month in a chiropractor office in Beverly Hills. At that time, the man reportedly threw racial epithet at paparazzi who swarmed Kim Kardashian. The mother of one then told him that he should not say such words. The man got upset and said to her, "Shut up n****r lover, stupid s**t." He also said, "F**k you N****r," when he realized the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star was calling her fiance. The angry rapper reportedly hit the man in the face and a massage therapist had to separate the two.
West remained mum following the beating, but Kardashian's mother Kris Jenner talked about the incident during an interview with Australia's 2DayFM Breakfast Show. "Kanye assaulted an 18-year-old man by punching him in the face. He was defending Kim," the show's hosts Jules Lund, Merrick Watts, Sophie Monk and Mel B said.
"Well, that sounds like, a lot like what I heard," Jenner replied. "I do know that how it started was this person got really a lot of racial, hateful, horrible things that he was saying. Apparently many times. Very hateful person. And I think that's where it started. I'm not quite sure how it ended."
More Kanye West News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism