Russo Brothers in Early Talks to Return to Direct 'Captain America 3'
Captain America is expected to get a third movie. According to Variety, Anthony and Joe Russo who directed the second installment "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" are in early negotiations to return to their posts behind the lens for the threequel.
Rumor has it, Marvel has been so impressed with the production of the sequel. Though the second Captain America film will not arrive nationwide until April 4 this year, the pic reportedly received positive feedback at the recent test screenings.
Kevin Feige will produce the third entry, and Chris Evans is expected to reprise his title role. The Russo brothers and the studio allegedly are already putting together an outline of the third film's story arc, but no writer has been hired.
The Russos stepped in to direct "The Winter Soldier" after Joe Johnson helmed the first installment. The second entry will follow The Cap adjusting to the modern life. He meets his sidekick from World War II, but it's not the kind of reunion he hoped for, as his old friend is now turned into a brainwashed assassin.
Announcement for the third film is expected to be made after the second movie is released.
More Captain America: Civil War News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour