Russo Brothers in Early Talks to Return to Direct 'Captain America 3'
Captain America is expected to get a third movie. According to Variety, Anthony and Joe Russo who directed the second installment "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" are in early negotiations to return to their posts behind the lens for the threequel.
Rumor has it, Marvel has been so impressed with the production of the sequel. Though the second Captain America film will not arrive nationwide until April 4 this year, the pic reportedly received positive feedback at the recent test screenings.
Kevin Feige will produce the third entry, and Chris Evans is expected to reprise his title role. The Russo brothers and the studio allegedly are already putting together an outline of the third film's story arc, but no writer has been hired.
The Russos stepped in to direct "The Winter Soldier" after Joe Johnson helmed the first installment. The second entry will follow The Cap adjusting to the modern life. He meets his sidekick from World War II, but it's not the kind of reunion he hoped for, as his old friend is now turned into a brainwashed assassin.
Announcement for the third film is expected to be made after the second movie is released.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress