Drake Bell and 50,000 Americans Sign Petition to Deport Justin Bieber
There's a movement against Justin Bieber taking residency in United States after the pop star generated a lot of trouble in the country. A petition addressed to White House was signed by around 50,000 Americans including singer Drake Bell who has been at odds with Bieber for a long time.
The petition posted on White House website demanded that Biber's green card be revoked and the singer be sent back to Canada. His recent arrest on drag racing under influence is deemed "not only threatening the safety of our people, [but is also] a terrible influence on our nation's youth."
Bell, in particular, was campaigning for others to sign the petition. He tweeted a link to it under the headline "become a part of the movement!!!"
The petition said, "We the people of the United States feel that we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture. We would like to see the dangerous, reckless, destructive, and drug abusing, Justin Bieber deported and his green card revoked. He is not only threatening the safety of our people but he is also a terrible influence on our nations youth. We the people would like to remove Justin Bieber from our society."
Bieber was arrested on January 23 and booked for misdemeanor driving under the influence, resisting arrest and driving with an expired Georgia license. It is unlikely that he would be deported on the charges alone, however L.A. attorney Brian Claypool told The Daily News, "This is a good start for him to be on his way to being deported unless he puts the brakes on, big time. He's destroying himself. If he's deported, he's going to lose his livelihood, his ability to do his music in the U.S."
More Justin Bieber News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs