Akiva Goldsman Tapped to Polish Script for 'Divergent' Sequel
Akiva Goldsman has been hired to complete the script for "Divergent" sequel, "Insurgent", which is due in the U.S. on March 20, 2015. "The Da Vinci Code" writer is working on the screenplay based on the draft written by Brian Duffield.
Neil Burger who directed the first film will not return behind the lens for the second one due to scheduling conflicts. He, however, will continue to be part of the franchise as an executive producer. Search to find a new director for the sequel is still ongoing.
"Divergent", based on Veronica Roth's young adult novel of the same name, is set in a futuristic world where society has been divided into five factions. The story centers on Shailene Woodley's Tris, who doesn't fit into just one faction. It is due Stateside March 21, 2014.
The movie series will conclude with the third film, "Allegiant", which is scheduled to open in theaters across the nation on March 18, 2016.
Goldsman himself will make his directorial debut with "Winter's Tale" set to arrive on February 14. Adapted from Mark Helprin's 1983 novel, it stars the likes of Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe, Jessica Brown Findlay, Jennifer Connelly, and Will Smith.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3