Akiva Goldsman Tapped to Polish Script for 'Divergent' Sequel
Akiva Goldsman has been hired to complete the script for "Divergent" sequel, "Insurgent", which is due in the U.S. on March 20, 2015. "The Da Vinci Code" writer is working on the screenplay based on the draft written by Brian Duffield.
Neil Burger who directed the first film will not return behind the lens for the second one due to scheduling conflicts. He, however, will continue to be part of the franchise as an executive producer. Search to find a new director for the sequel is still ongoing.
"Divergent", based on Veronica Roth's young adult novel of the same name, is set in a futuristic world where society has been divided into five factions. The story centers on Shailene Woodley's Tris, who doesn't fit into just one faction. It is due Stateside March 21, 2014.
The movie series will conclude with the third film, "Allegiant", which is scheduled to open in theaters across the nation on March 18, 2016.
Goldsman himself will make his directorial debut with "Winter's Tale" set to arrive on February 14. Adapted from Mark Helprin's 1983 novel, it stars the likes of Colin Farrell, Russell Crowe, Jessica Brown Findlay, Jennifer Connelly, and Will Smith.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!