Report: Josh Gad Considered to Play The Thing in 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
The casting rumor of "The Fantastic Four" reboot continues to grow as another actor is added to the mix. Movies.com reports "1600 Penn" star Josh Gad is eyed to play Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing portrayed by Michael Chiklis in the previous adaptation directed by Tim Story.
No official cast has been announced, but Miles Teller recently confirmed that he was testing for a role in the pic. He was linked to play Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic along with "Game of Thrones" stars Richard Madden and Kit Harington.
Teller's "That Awkward Moment" co-star Michael B. Jordan, meanwhile, is attached to play Johnny Storm a.k.a. the Human Torch. Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara are contenders to take on the role of Susan Storm a.k.a. Invisible Woman.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg has finished the script. Screen tests are scheduled by the end of this month to see which group has the best chemistry. The film is due in the U.S. on June 19, 2015 with Josh Trank who previously directed Jordan in "Chronicle" on board as a helmer.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna