Report: Josh Gad Considered to Play The Thing in 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
The casting rumor of "The Fantastic Four" reboot continues to grow as another actor is added to the mix. Movies.com reports "1600 Penn" star Josh Gad is eyed to play Ben Grimm a.k.a. The Thing portrayed by Michael Chiklis in the previous adaptation directed by Tim Story.
No official cast has been announced, but Miles Teller recently confirmed that he was testing for a role in the pic. He was linked to play Reed Richards a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic along with "Game of Thrones" stars Richard Madden and Kit Harington.
Teller's "That Awkward Moment" co-star Michael B. Jordan, meanwhile, is attached to play Johnny Storm a.k.a. the Human Torch. Saoirse Ronan and Kate Mara are contenders to take on the role of Susan Storm a.k.a. Invisible Woman.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" scribe Simon Kinberg has finished the script. Screen tests are scheduled by the end of this month to see which group has the best chemistry. The film is due in the U.S. on June 19, 2015 with Josh Trank who previously directed Jordan in "Chronicle" on board as a helmer.
More The Fantastic Four News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes