Jonathan Banks to Reprise 'Breaking Bad' Role on Spin-Off 'Better Call Saul'
Jonathan Banks has been added to the cast of AMC's "Better Call Saul". The actor has reportedly sealed a deal to star on the "Breaking Bad" spin-off, reprising his role as Saul Goodman's trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut.
Banks was a regular on "Breaking Bad" after first introduced in the second season finale. He appeared on the show for 2.5 seasons before being shot to death by Bryan Cranston's Walter White in the first half of season 5. His role on the crime drama series earned him an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
Banks joins Bob Odenkirk, who has been earlier set to reprise his role as Saul Goodman on "Better Call Saul". The story will focus on "mall-based super lawyer Saul in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all."
Vince Gilligan, who recently earned a DGA Award for directing "Breaking Bad" series finale, plans to direct the pilot. He has said that it would be more comedic than "Breaking Bad", but still have dramatic elements.
Dishing on a bigger role for Banks' character, he said, "I could definitely see a version of this where Mike Ehrmantraut is an important part of this series."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce