Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Call for Magazine Boycott Over Celebrity Baby Photos
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have called for boycott of magazines which buy paparazzi photos of celebrities' children. The two stars, who welcomed their first child last year, took to Twitter on Monday, January 27 to deliver their messages. "Please boycott magazines that run pics of 'celebrity children.' They shouldn't be punished for who their parents are. Children shouldn't be stalked," Shepard wrote, adding some hashtags with magazine names.
Bell additionally said that she would not accept request for interviews from those magazines. "I wont do interviews [for] entities that pay photogs to take pics of my baby anymore. I care more about my integrity & my values than my career," she wrote.
"The 'look at the celebs kid at the park!' teaches us a disengaged vouyerism. think abt how being followed by photos all day effects THE KID," the star of "House of Lies" added. "Now think about how you play the MOST NECESSARY role in the sad chain of events-the consumer. Things won't change till the consumer does."
The issues concerning celebrity babies' photos have been a hot topic. Last year, Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner testified to support a bill which imposed heavier penalties for photographers who took photos of celebrities' children in harassing manners without the parents' consent. The bill was passed into law in California and people who are found guilty may spend up to a year in jail and face a $10,000 fine.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby