Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Call for Magazine Boycott Over Celebrity Baby Photos
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have called for boycott of magazines which buy paparazzi photos of celebrities' children. The two stars, who welcomed their first child last year, took to Twitter on Monday, January 27 to deliver their messages. "Please boycott magazines that run pics of 'celebrity children.' They shouldn't be punished for who their parents are. Children shouldn't be stalked," Shepard wrote, adding some hashtags with magazine names.
Bell additionally said that she would not accept request for interviews from those magazines. "I wont do interviews [for] entities that pay photogs to take pics of my baby anymore. I care more about my integrity & my values than my career," she wrote.
"The 'look at the celebs kid at the park!' teaches us a disengaged vouyerism. think abt how being followed by photos all day effects THE KID," the star of "House of Lies" added. "Now think about how you play the MOST NECESSARY role in the sad chain of events-the consumer. Things won't change till the consumer does."
The issues concerning celebrity babies' photos have been a hot topic. Last year, Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner testified to support a bill which imposed heavier penalties for photographers who took photos of celebrities' children in harassing manners without the parents' consent. The bill was passed into law in California and people who are found guilty may spend up to a year in jail and face a $10,000 fine.
More Kristen Bell News
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes