Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Call for Magazine Boycott Over Celebrity Baby Photos
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have called for boycott of magazines which buy paparazzi photos of celebrities' children. The two stars, who welcomed their first child last year, took to Twitter on Monday, January 27 to deliver their messages. "Please boycott magazines that run pics of 'celebrity children.' They shouldn't be punished for who their parents are. Children shouldn't be stalked," Shepard wrote, adding some hashtags with magazine names.
Bell additionally said that she would not accept request for interviews from those magazines. "I wont do interviews [for] entities that pay photogs to take pics of my baby anymore. I care more about my integrity & my values than my career," she wrote.
"The 'look at the celebs kid at the park!' teaches us a disengaged vouyerism. think abt how being followed by photos all day effects THE KID," the star of "House of Lies" added. "Now think about how you play the MOST NECESSARY role in the sad chain of events-the consumer. Things won't change till the consumer does."
The issues concerning celebrity babies' photos have been a hot topic. Last year, Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner testified to support a bill which imposed heavier penalties for photographers who took photos of celebrities' children in harassing manners without the parents' consent. The bill was passed into law in California and people who are found guilty may spend up to a year in jail and face a $10,000 fine.
More Kristen Bell News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard