Queen Latifah to Perform 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah will make an appearance at the stage of the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII. The host of "The Queen Latifah Show" is slated to sing "America the Beautiful" during the pre-game show on Sunday, February 2.
The New Jersey-born actress/host will perform at MetLife Stadium in her home state. This won't be Latifah's first time to sing "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl as she sang the song with Carrie Underwood during the same event in 2010.
NFL recently announced that acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming would belt out the national anthem during the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars will take over the halftime show with Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The announcement of Latifah's Super Bowl performance came just a day after she officiated the marriages of 34 couples during the performance of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" at the Grammys on Sunday night, January 26.
"To me, it was special to all the couples we married today and I look forward to dashing off to go sign their marriage certificates. It's awesome," Latifah said of the historical moment which was planned in less than two weeks.
"I had to be sworn in as an official. I'm not a minister. If you come see me before 12 o'clock tonight, I got your back. After that, you'll have to take the regular route," she joked.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic