Queen Latifah to Perform 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah will make an appearance at the stage of the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII. The host of "The Queen Latifah Show" is slated to sing "America the Beautiful" during the pre-game show on Sunday, February 2.
The New Jersey-born actress/host will perform at MetLife Stadium in her home state. This won't be Latifah's first time to sing "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl as she sang the song with Carrie Underwood during the same event in 2010.
NFL recently announced that acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming would belt out the national anthem during the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars will take over the halftime show with Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The announcement of Latifah's Super Bowl performance came just a day after she officiated the marriages of 34 couples during the performance of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" at the Grammys on Sunday night, January 26.
"To me, it was special to all the couples we married today and I look forward to dashing off to go sign their marriage certificates. It's awesome," Latifah said of the historical moment which was planned in less than two weeks.
"I had to be sworn in as an official. I'm not a minister. If you come see me before 12 o'clock tonight, I got your back. After that, you'll have to take the regular route," she joked.
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift
- Why Cyclops Should Be the Leader of the Next 'X-Men' Franchise
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song