Queen Latifah to Perform 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah will make an appearance at the stage of the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII. The host of "The Queen Latifah Show" is slated to sing "America the Beautiful" during the pre-game show on Sunday, February 2.
The New Jersey-born actress/host will perform at MetLife Stadium in her home state. This won't be Latifah's first time to sing "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl as she sang the song with Carrie Underwood during the same event in 2010.
NFL recently announced that acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming would belt out the national anthem during the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars will take over the halftime show with Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The announcement of Latifah's Super Bowl performance came just a day after she officiated the marriages of 34 couples during the performance of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" at the Grammys on Sunday night, January 26.
"To me, it was special to all the couples we married today and I look forward to dashing off to go sign their marriage certificates. It's awesome," Latifah said of the historical moment which was planned in less than two weeks.
"I had to be sworn in as an official. I'm not a minister. If you come see me before 12 o'clock tonight, I got your back. After that, you'll have to take the regular route," she joked.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair