Queen Latifah to Perform 'America the Beautiful' at Super Bowl
Queen Latifah will make an appearance at the stage of the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII. The host of "The Queen Latifah Show" is slated to sing "America the Beautiful" during the pre-game show on Sunday, February 2.
The New Jersey-born actress/host will perform at MetLife Stadium in her home state. This won't be Latifah's first time to sing "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl as she sang the song with Carrie Underwood during the same event in 2010.
NFL recently announced that acclaimed opera singer Renee Fleming would belt out the national anthem during the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars will take over the halftime show with Red Hot Chili Peppers.
The announcement of Latifah's Super Bowl performance came just a day after she officiated the marriages of 34 couples during the performance of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Same Love" at the Grammys on Sunday night, January 26.
"To me, it was special to all the couples we married today and I look forward to dashing off to go sign their marriage certificates. It's awesome," Latifah said of the historical moment which was planned in less than two weeks.
"I had to be sworn in as an official. I'm not a minister. If you come see me before 12 o'clock tonight, I got your back. After that, you'll have to take the regular route," she joked.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance