Cory Monteith's Death Will Be Dealt With in 'Glee' 100th Episode
"Glee" won't try to avoid mentioning Cory Monteith's Finn Hudson in its 100th episode. In fact, the upcoming outing would address the actor's death, so Paris Barclay who directs the special two-part event said.
"I don't think it could go much farther without continuing to talk about how that hurts," Barclay told Us Weekly at Directors Guild Awards on January 25. "There is so much feeling there and it affected the Glee family in such a profound way, and you can expect it to be dealt with in the 100th episode. It definitely comes back and is dealt with in a significant way."
"Glee" paid tribute to the late actor and his character Finn in "The Quarterback" airing October 10, but did not mention how Finn died. Since then, the former McKinley quaterback and his passing have been kept fairly quiet on the show's storylines.
"Glee" is currently in hiatus and will return with new episodes on its new night and time starting Tuesday, February 25 at 8 P.M. on FOX. The 100th episode is split into two parts slated to air March 18 and 25.
Former series regulars Amber Riley, Mark Salling, Dianna Agron, Heather Morris and Harry Shum Jr. as well as returning guest stars Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristin Chenoweth have been confirmed to take part in the celebration. Chenoweth recently said she had filmed together with Paltrow and they were "having a good time."
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat