Trent Reznor Gives Grammys the F Word, Neil Portnow Explains Performance Cut
Nine Inch Nails' frontman Trent Reznor was none to happy about their performance being cut short at Sunday, January 26 telecast of Grammy Awards. The rocker gave a loud message for the awards event organizers on Twitter, writing "F**K YOU".
Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham were the acts closing the show at Los Angeles' Staples Center. The credits began to roll before the set was over. "Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt F--K YOU guys," Reznor tweeted after the show.
Recording Academy president Neil Portnow said that the show had run past its scheduled three and a half hour telecast. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Portnow explained, "We save the end slot for something that is a bit of a jam, because you can have the energy go and then it's just a matter of the clock."
This is not the first time Reznor had a beef with the Grammys. In 2011, he dissed the event, "Why don't the Grammys matter? Because it feels rigged and cheap - like a popularity contest that the insiders club has decided." Despite his statement, Nine Inch Nails have received 12 nominations and 2 wins at the Grammys. This year, the band were nominated for Best Alternative Music Album but lost it to Vampire Weekend.
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface