Grammys Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name During Tribute Segment
An error happened during tribute segment at the recent 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night, January 26. Cory Monteith's name was accidentally spelled wrong when the late "Glee" actor was remembered in the "In Memoriam" montage.
A fan wrote on Twitter, "Cory Monteith's name was spelled incorrectly. Someone's getting fired. #grammys." Another commented, "For the Grammys to misspell Cory Monteith's name was incredibly disrespectful." A third fan posted, "So the Grammy spelled Cory Monteith's last name wrong and I'm super pissed about it."
Monteith passed away from "a mixed drug toxicity" on July 13, 2013 in a hotel room in Vancouver. He was 31. He was honored at the Grammys along with many other stars like Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground and Phil Everly from The Everly Brothers.
Daft Punk won big that night. The electronic music duo bagged multiple prizes including the coveted Album of the Year and Album of the Year. The other winners included Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, and Pharrell Williams.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle