Grammys Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name During Tribute Segment
An error happened during tribute segment at the recent 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night, January 26. Cory Monteith's name was accidentally spelled wrong when the late "Glee" actor was remembered in the "In Memoriam" montage.
A fan wrote on Twitter, "Cory Monteith's name was spelled incorrectly. Someone's getting fired. #grammys." Another commented, "For the Grammys to misspell Cory Monteith's name was incredibly disrespectful." A third fan posted, "So the Grammy spelled Cory Monteith's last name wrong and I'm super pissed about it."
Monteith passed away from "a mixed drug toxicity" on July 13, 2013 in a hotel room in Vancouver. He was 31. He was honored at the Grammys along with many other stars like Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground and Phil Everly from The Everly Brothers.
Daft Punk won big that night. The electronic music duo bagged multiple prizes including the coveted Album of the Year and Album of the Year. The other winners included Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, and Pharrell Williams.
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?