Grammys Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name During Tribute Segment
An error happened during tribute segment at the recent 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night, January 26. Cory Monteith's name was accidentally spelled wrong when the late "Glee" actor was remembered in the "In Memoriam" montage.
A fan wrote on Twitter, "Cory Monteith's name was spelled incorrectly. Someone's getting fired. #grammys." Another commented, "For the Grammys to misspell Cory Monteith's name was incredibly disrespectful." A third fan posted, "So the Grammy spelled Cory Monteith's last name wrong and I'm super pissed about it."
Monteith passed away from "a mixed drug toxicity" on July 13, 2013 in a hotel room in Vancouver. He was 31. He was honored at the Grammys along with many other stars like Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground and Phil Everly from The Everly Brothers.
Daft Punk won big that night. The electronic music duo bagged multiple prizes including the coveted Album of the Year and Album of the Year. The other winners included Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, and Pharrell Williams.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour