Grammys Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name During Tribute Segment
An error happened during tribute segment at the recent 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night, January 26. Cory Monteith's name was accidentally spelled wrong when the late "Glee" actor was remembered in the "In Memoriam" montage.
A fan wrote on Twitter, "Cory Monteith's name was spelled incorrectly. Someone's getting fired. #grammys." Another commented, "For the Grammys to misspell Cory Monteith's name was incredibly disrespectful." A third fan posted, "So the Grammy spelled Cory Monteith's last name wrong and I'm super pissed about it."
Monteith passed away from "a mixed drug toxicity" on July 13, 2013 in a hotel room in Vancouver. He was 31. He was honored at the Grammys along with many other stars like Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground and Phil Everly from The Everly Brothers.
Daft Punk won big that night. The electronic music duo bagged multiple prizes including the coveted Album of the Year and Album of the Year. The other winners included Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, and Pharrell Williams.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman