Grammys Misspelled Cory Monteith's Name During Tribute Segment
An error happened during tribute segment at the recent 56th annual Grammy Awards Sunday night, January 26. Cory Monteith's name was accidentally spelled wrong when the late "Glee" actor was remembered in the "In Memoriam" montage.
A fan wrote on Twitter, "Cory Monteith's name was spelled incorrectly. Someone's getting fired. #grammys." Another commented, "For the Grammys to misspell Cory Monteith's name was incredibly disrespectful." A third fan posted, "So the Grammy spelled Cory Monteith's last name wrong and I'm super pissed about it."
Monteith passed away from "a mixed drug toxicity" on July 13, 2013 in a hotel room in Vancouver. He was 31. He was honored at the Grammys along with many other stars like Lou Reed from The Velvet Underground and Phil Everly from The Everly Brothers.
Daft Punk won big that night. The electronic music duo bagged multiple prizes including the coveted Album of the Year and Album of the Year. The other winners included Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Lorde, Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, and Pharrell Williams.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris