Macklemore Feels Bad for 'Robbing' Kendrick Lamar at Grammy Awards
Macklemore isn't all pleased after taking home four trophies from the 2014 Grammy Awards. It turns out the Seattle rapper is feeling bad for having beaten out Kendrick Lamar in four categories, thinking that Lamar should've won instead.
"You got robbed. I wanted you to win. You should have," the one-half of rap duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis wrote in a text message that he sent to Lamar. He took a caption of the message and then posted it on his Instagram account.
He added, "It's weird and sucks that I robbed you. I was gonna say that during the speech. Then the music started playing during my speech, and I froze. Anyway, you know what it is. Congrats on this year and your music. Appreciate you as an artist and as a friend. Much love."
Macklemore, together with his collaborator Ryan Lewis, won Best New Artist, Best Rap Album for "The Heist", Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance for "Thrift Shop". They also took the stage of the January 26 ceremony to sing their same-sex marriage anthem "Same Love" before Queen Latifah officiated the weddings of 34 couples, some gay and some straight, that night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
In other Grammys-related news, Ozzy Osbourne has admitted that he messed up the Ringo Starr introduction. "I completely f*cked it up," the Black Sabbath frontman told reporters backstage at the event, but failed to explain what he intended to say when he was asked to.
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'