Grammy Awards 2014: 'Royal' Is Song of the Year, 'Get Lucky' Is Named Record of the Year
Lorde took home the Song of the Year trophy at the 2014 Grammy Awards. At the event which took place on Sunday, January 26, the 17-year-old singer earned the prize with her song "Royals" after edging out other works such as "Just Give Me a Reason", "Locked Out of Heaven", "Roar" and "Same Love". Record of the Year award, meanwhile, was received by Daft Punk with "Get Lucky" featuring Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers.
Earlier that night, Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" was announced as Best Pop Vocal Album following a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. Other works in the category included "Paradise" by Lana Del Rey, "Pure Heroine" by Lorde, "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and "The 20/20 Experience - The Complete Experience" by Justin Timberlake.
Best Country Album award, meanwhile, went to Kacey Musgraves for her "Same Trailer Different Park". Other works which were also nominated in the category included Jason Aldean's "Night Train", Tim McGraw's "Two Lanes of Freedom", Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story" and Taylor Swift's "Red".
Complete winners at the 56th annual Grammy Awards will be announced soon. The awards show was hosted by LL Cool J.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3