Grammy Awards 2014: 'Royal' Is Song of the Year, 'Get Lucky' Is Named Record of the Year
Lorde took home the Song of the Year trophy at the 2014 Grammy Awards. At the event which took place on Sunday, January 26, the 17-year-old singer earned the prize with her song "Royals" after edging out other works such as "Just Give Me a Reason", "Locked Out of Heaven", "Roar" and "Same Love". Record of the Year award, meanwhile, was received by Daft Punk with "Get Lucky" featuring Pharrell Williams & Nile Rodgers.
Earlier that night, Bruno Mars' "Unorthodox Jukebox" was announced as Best Pop Vocal Album following a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr. Other works in the category included "Paradise" by Lana Del Rey, "Pure Heroine" by Lorde, "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and "The 20/20 Experience - The Complete Experience" by Justin Timberlake.
Best Country Album award, meanwhile, went to Kacey Musgraves for her "Same Trailer Different Park". Other works which were also nominated in the category included Jason Aldean's "Night Train", Tim McGraw's "Two Lanes of Freedom", Blake Shelton's "Based on a True Story" and Taylor Swift's "Red".
Complete winners at the 56th annual Grammy Awards will be announced soon. The awards show was hosted by LL Cool J.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce