Grammy Awards 2014: Lorde's 'Royals', Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake's 'Holy Grail' Take Awards
Following a series of performances by Katy Perry and John Legend among others, Charlie Wilson and Kevin Hart were out to present Best Rock Song at the 56th annual Grammy Awards which took place on Sunday, January 26. A trophy for the category went to Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic & Pat Smear's "Cut Me Some Slack". Other songs which were included in the category were The Rolling Stones' "Doom And Gloom", Gary Clark Jr.'s "Ain't Messin 'Round", Black Sabbath's "God Is Dead?" and Muse's "Panic Station".
Taylor Swift then showed up on stage to perform "All Too Well". The beautiful performance was later followed by another great show by Pink who was joined by Fun.'s Nate Ruess.
After the performances, Lorde's "Royals" was revealed as the winner of Best Pop Solo Performance. The 17-year-old star won over Sara Bareilles' "Brave", Katy Perry's "Roar", Bruno Mars' "When I Was Your Man" and Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors".
The next award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration was given to Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake for "Holy Grail". The rapper then thanked his wife Beyonce Knowles and mentioned their daughter Blue Ivy in his acceptance speech. "Daddy got a gold sippy cup for you," he said.
More winners will be announced at the awards show which is hosted by LL Cool J.
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot